lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
LicketySplit
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 club car running problems

I have a 97 club car which i bought new in aug of 96. Been a great cart but finally went T/U in november of 2010. Short story i had the motor rebuilt in dec of 2010 and has ran great until this spring. Now ive replaced the ignitor/coil last week and it ran marvelously for 6 holes with no problems until i got it home..a block away from course. Parked it outside and went in to let dogs out of house and then it wouldnt restart at all. Just tore it apart again today and had spark when it went back together..now zip..zero...NADA...anyone here have a clue where i start before nickel and dimeing my self to death? Is it a solenoid...micro switch or someother silly part? Jiggled some wires in the micro switch box and got some spark...now nothing again. Any help would be appreciated and many thanx before and after slight of hand. Compression test today resulted in 170lbs so that isnt the problem and im about out of ideas. I live out in the country and the nearest Club Car dealer is 150 miles away. Thanx for your trouble..ive looked thru the posts here and cant find what im looking for. Someone wanna help an old logger out? Thanx again!
LicketySplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
harley553
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 club car running problems

if the rpm limiter is still hooked up that may be the problem. located front bottom of engine black box snip the ground wire a brown wire and it will do away with it. the engine has a govenor to control the rpm anyway.
harley553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
LicketySplit
Not Yet Wild

Thanx for the reply but brown wire was cut a couple years ago. Still scratchin head here
Old 07-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

are you sure its not an intermittant coil/ignitor issue? they can be a problem.......and even new parts can be bad on these......how about engine grounds?........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
LicketySplit
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feedback. Ive installed a new igniter/coil and it ran fine for 20 mins as i ran it around the course with absolutely NO problems...now spark is intermittent to non existant. Going to put my old coil back in(im tired of tearing this apart..whew) and see if i get it running again. As mentioned or not...it ran fine before until it got hot..then quit. New coil ran good then quit. Im thinking its a bad one and will replace it one more time...at a $100 a pop this is getting ridiculous. Thanx again.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
LicketySplit
Not Yet Wild

Well....im at a loss for ideas. Ive torn apart cowling and gotten back into new coil/ignighter and ive got spark..strong spark and then nothing. Could it be a micro switch? I ordered one but its the wrong one..the one thats on it is a 2 paddle (some call them piggyback?) pn V7-7H5D8-263-1 and i cannot find it online anywhere.. any ideas on what i think is an electrical problem somewhere would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

got a phone number and phone that gets pix?
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
LicketySplit
Not Yet Wild

home phone is 5098555086 cell phone is in another town and wont get til this coming weekend(left at older bro's house) u know how old people get confused and lose their heads? haha...thanks for the comeback. Got my email if u need it...licketysplit@accima.com.

Thanx again
Old 07-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #9
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Try the micro switches on the back of the FNR switch.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car