lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default just about had it with it

my 96 gas club car i am about had it with it. i bought this and been one thing after another. new carb voltage reg coil ignitor thought after that might as well lift it put wheels tires on it. compression 135 this thing is barely 8mph noticed the cable in the black box was loose so tightened it up now 13 mph with wind pushing you. i had loosened up brakes thinking that was prob. tonight jacked up spun wheels and they are tight. loosened brakes up more... and actually took a spin with no brake drums on and no difference in speed or power. now sure on what to do next i have a clutch spring to put in but tired of this thing i will dump alittle more money into it see if get more power and speed. any ideas on what to do.
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default Re: just about had it with it

Well, if you are still running the govenor on it they were set at 13mph stock so if you are close to that.....

If you want some more speed you can read the sticky at the top of this forum and try adjusting the throttle rod as it describes. If you haven't done that already you will pick up a little bit that way. You can also adjust the cable a bit as well but you have to be careful with it. When I was messing with mine I went a bit too far and the cart wouldn't stop when I took my foot of the gas, that was a surprise the first time that happened!!

I'm sure you know this but if you go to a bigger tire you will pick up some speed also.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

they are made to go 12 to 14 mph.......have you thought about going big block? if your gonna keep dumping money in it buy yourself a 16 or 20 hp or bigger dump it in and be done with it..................as it is now yes theres a bunch of little stuff you can do but they all cost and the gain just isn,t worth it and you can re-do the gov but your gonna want to put a tach on cause 1 to many times over the rpm,s and your putting a motor in anyways.........me i would find a nice big block by the time your done you,ll have less then 500 in it and you,ll be doing 35 mph...............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:29 AM   #4
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

but it is lifted with 22 inch tires and still 13 if lucky something wrong big time
Old 08-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #5
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^

Start checking the throttle cable assembly. First thing I would do is make sure that when the pedal is at the floor you are at wide open throttle.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #6
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

gonna take it somewhere see what they say it just doesnt seem to rev out motor runs good good compression dont smoke so not thinking that is the issue.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Have you checked the ramp shoes on the helix? I just had one where the shoes and helix were worn and not engaging properly. It would barely move itself.
G2Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:57 AM   #8
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

what are those? is that in the clutch?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96clubber View Post
what are those? is that in the clutch?
I'm pretty sure G2 is talking about the driven clutch, but in Yamaha speak...

Ramp/Helix = CC driven clutch cam = #9
Shoes = CC driven clutch buttons = #8 (X3)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yeah well once a Yamaha guy always a Yamaha guy. But yes lockman has the pic. Yes they are in the driven clutch. If you are still running the stock spring and not the torque spring I'm guessing the clutch has spun and the spring doesn't have much tension on it.
G2Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car