lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
ARSS
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 92 gas club car, engine runs but it wont move...

The engine starts and revs up, the belt engages when the engine revs, the shaft that goes into the transmission / differential turns but the cart will not move forward or reverse. It does not make any odd sounds from the transmission / differential.
The Forward / neutral / Reverse selector has always shifted hard, now it is very easy and smooth. The cable is connected and is working.

Thanks in advance!
ARSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 92 92 gas club car, engine runs but it wont move...

check and see if the both that hold rear clutch on is there....if not you may have lost the woodruff key, have seen this a few times its rare but happens and that would explain the way its acting...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Could it be in service mode? Someone had this problem a little while ago. It's the yellow plastic cam near the back of the shifter. Just a thought.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...s-neutral.html
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Could it be in service mode? Someone had this problem a little while ago. It's the yellow plastic cam near the back of the shifter. Just a thought.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...s-neutral.html
yeah thats always possible its in maintence mode but if it is the cart won,t start if lever is in either F or R in would have to be strait up at 12 oclock..................
Old 09-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
ARSS
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your help. I tried to post a pic of a potential problem but I have to wait 6 more days.
ARSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the lever at the transaxle. Have someone shift the cart F/R and make sure the shaft that the lever is fastened to moves along with the lever. If it does, you have an internal problem with the transaxle, and someone with more experience than I will be able to help! If the lever is just loose on the shaft, great! That's a pretty easy fix!
You can post photos, just not links to them! I'll try to find out how and update you. :)
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's what you need for photos: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/test-post/2521-picture-posting-101-a.html

I'm not sure if the gas carts have splined hubs, but see if you have a large castle nut in the center of the wheel hub. If so have someone try and move the cart while you watch the wheels. If the nut is turning and the wheel is not, the hub is stripped out. This is fairly common on EZGO electric carts, I just don't know if Club Car gassers are set up the same. :)
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Here's what you need for photos: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/test-post/2521-picture-posting-101-a.html

I'm not sure if the gas carts have splined hubs, but see if you have a large castle nut in the center of the wheel hub. If so have someone try and move the cart while you watch the wheels. If the nut is turning and the wheel is not, the hub is stripped out. This is fairly common on EZGO electric carts, I just don't know if Club Car gassers are set up the same. :)
no nothing like that on gas carts......its either come apart at trans ( that happens ) its in maintence mode or woodruff key worked out of driven clutch.....i,m not sure what else would make it do that..........you know i just read where he says now instead of shifting hard its easy and smooth......i wonder if cable came off at trans?? follow the cable back to top of trans it may have just popped off at lever..........................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car