lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
fishingfool13
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Choke me

I have a 95 cc ds. I have installed new volt regulator, ( first thing that went wrong) then rpm limiter (removed ground wire). Then I had to replace the ignitor. Ran good for a week and now I think I have a problem with the carb.
When i'm running it wants to quit so I get it to the house and start checking.
It won't start without hand choking but wants to quit till I choke it.
How would I check every thing so I know if its carb., fuel pump or what?
I have new fuel filters.
I have never overhauled a carb but am willing to try with some help.
Thanks for any assistance
fishingfool13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
fishingfool13
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Choke me

After a closer inspection I see a little gas blowing back out the carb when I try to start. Also I can start the motor on low RPMs and it will run, give it more gas and it dies. Valve adjustment? I have the carb off and will get a can carb cleaner in morning. I think while the cart is down I will pull both clutches and have them machined and new HD spring.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like the main jet, its in the very bottom of the carb, look inside the bowl bolt thread area, you will see it in there , remove it with a small, but just the right size screwdriver, hold it up to the light you will see it probably half plugged up, run a small wire through it to clean it out very well, sometimes you think its cleaned out but it not, look very closely. should run well if you can get it good and clean........ That jet if plugged up will do exactly like the problem your having, make sure you have a good gas filter in line somewhare
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Here's an exploded view of the carb to help with RSP's explanation of the main jet location,
It's dead center of the carb with it turned upside down.
Note: the float pin (#8 ) slides out very easily, and can get lost if your not careful!

Main Jet #6

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FE290 Carb.jpg (157.9 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
fishingfool13
Not Yet Wild

I puled the carb off and cleaned it, put 2 new filters on and checked the fuel pump. Still no good.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
fishingfool13
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all im up and running again.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

WAIT A MINUTE, what did you do to fix your cart? its not polite to just leave us hanging........................................... ....................................
also thanks for the backup lockman
Old 11-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
fishingfool13
Not Yet Wild

Sorry about that. I went on vacation to Panama City, Fla. fishing trip and it's good!
I removed the carb. once more and cleaned it again. This time using compressed air I cleaned it very well and blue it out in every nuck, cranny, and hole not like the past two times when I cleaned at it. It works fine. But now it wants to run backwards when it shuts off. I think I need adjust carb. and cables.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfool13 View Post
Sorry about that. I went on vacation to Panama City, Fla. fishing trip and it's good!
I removed the carb. once more and cleaned it again. This time using compressed air I cleaned it very well and blue it out in every nuck, cranny, and hole not like the past two times when I cleaned at it. It works fine. But now it wants to run backwards when it shuts off. I think I need adjust carb. and cables.
i preach that all the time when you do the carb you really need to go over every little bit and use a compressor otherwise its a waste of time...............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfool13 View Post
Sounds like the carb is not closing tight when you let off the throttle, i would check that
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car