lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #21
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 99 TURF-II reverse question.

Here's an IPL for a 2008, there may be a few things different from your 99,
CC changed just a few things in 2000.5 (wire colors, some front end parts, etc.)
but, otherwise this may work for you, or at least give you something to look at!
either view them as they are, or, "save file" to a folder.

Born and raised in Greendale, now 4 mi. south of Titletown! (and I don't like winter... go figure! )

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #22
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Wink Re: 99 TURF-II reverse question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Here's an IPL for a 2008, there may be a few things different from your 99,
CC changed just a few things in 2000.5 (wire colors, some front end parts, etc.)
but, otherwise this may work for you, or at least give you something to look at!
either view them as they are, or, "save file" to a folder.

Born and raised in Greendale, now 4 mi. south of Titletown! (and I don't like winter... go figure! )

Don,

This IPB is perfect. Thanks.

The cart hinges require urethane bushings and I have some red gooey plastic looking remnants in my hinges. New urethane bushings should solve the rattling on my cart but I will pull the hinge bolts and check the bushing condition.

Now I am going to see why I have to have the shift lever pushing so far to keep forward engaged. I jury rigged the home made bracket (that was on the cart when I got it) that holds the shift cable but it is in a different position from the original plastic position. I hope it is because the cable isn't in the right position and there isn't enough adjustment for the cable to put the shift lever where it needs to go so the transmission will stay in FORWARD.

I have one other situation that you may be able to tell me how to improve. The engine starts and runs OK but I can't seem to get much speed out of it and and the motor doesn't sound like it is running at very many rpm's. I bought this from a guy and his wife and they are even older than I am. His son bought it for the and had a NEW engine put in this past March. He may have had the governor set to a low speed for them. Are there any instructions somewhere, or could you tell me, how to adjust the carb abd how to set the governor?

Do you know if keys are something a local locksmith will have or if they are Club Car only?

I sure do appreciate the IPB and the help I've gotten here.

I don't miss the Wisconsin winters. Here in the South we have some extreme weather in the summer but we don't have to shovel the heat! :-)

Clem
Workstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #23
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

And by the way... the spring on the F/R lever on the transaxle doesn't belong there, and has got to go!
(it's a "rigged" setup to keep it from popping out of forward!)

Don, you were right.

That spring did keep it from popping out of FORWARD. I removed the spring. Now, when I try shift into FORWARD the gears grind. I put the spring back on and the gears still grind. Without the spring I can shift into Reverse and Neutral and it goes into Reverse and Neutral, but when I put it in Forward it grinds. When I push the shift lever on the transaxle into Forward I can't get the cart to move forward and as I move that lever I can get some grinding and no forward movement. I have tried moving the transaxle shift lever a little forward and a little backward and many positions in between and the cart won't go forward. Are the Forward gears toast or is there something I am not doing right so it will go forward?

Thanks for any help.

Clem
Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #24
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Hmmmm... that's a little out of my realm!

I've read that sometimes the trans syncros get out of alignment, (but, usually only in reverse!)
I've heard that you can slam the shifter into gear while coasting can realign them,
I just don't really know how it's done! maybe someone else will chime in on that!

and yes... there are aftermarket keys for Club Car, and a good locksmith may have them!
They're precut... ILCO (Independent Lock Company) CC1

As for your engine performance... lets just get one thing done at a time!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #25
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry, duplicate post.

Last edited by Workstead; 11-12-2012 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #26
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for that input, Don.

I was hoping that replacing the broken shifter bracket would solve the problem but I guess the guy knew more than he was telling me about the "transmission might need adjusting."

I think I will start another thread and maybe someone with a service manual might jump in.

Clem

Quote:
Hmmmm... that's a little out of my realm!

I've read that sometimes the trans syncros get out of alignment, (but, usually only in reverse!)
I've heard that you can slam the shifter into gear while coasting can realign them,
I just don't really know how it's done! maybe someone else will chime in on that!

and yes... there are aftermarket keys for Club Car, and a good locksmith should have them!
They're precut, ILCO (Independent Lock Company) CC1

Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #27
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

ive heard of the coasting in netreul then poping the trans in gear idea too. as far as the hard or gringing in gear... notice how your cable is not attatched at the shifter bracket. i wonder if when you are tring to put it in gear, it is sliding the whole cabel and the sheath and not actully getting in to gear. meaning the whole thing is movig fwd. see if you can lock down the cable to the bracket with a zip tie or 2, then try to shift it in gear. if this works we know the cable and theoputside sheathing are moving as one unit and not engaging it in gear.

i also might think about draining and refilling the trans/rear end. to see if any or how much metal is in the lube. look at the bottom you will see a 14mm head at the bottom thats your drain. look about midway up on the passinger side for a bolt that looks differnt(if i rember right its the same bolt) thats the fill plugg for the trans/rear end. get you a qt of 75-90 or 85-140 synthic lube, and fill her back up. ifyou want pur some of the lube in with the drain pplug out to flush any old lube and crap out of the bottom of the rear end. and if you can stick your finger in to make sure no debris is in there. blah blah balh.
simple easy 5 bucks for a peice of mind!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #28
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
ive heard of the coasting in netreul then poping the trans in gear idea too. as far as the hard or gringing in gear... notice how your cable is not attatched at the shifter bracket. i wonder if when you are tring to put it in gear, it is sliding the whole cabel and the sheath and not actully getting in to gear. meaning the whole thing is movig fwd. see if you can lock down the cable to the bracket with a zip tie or 2, then try to shift it in gear. if this works we know the cable and theoputside sheathing are moving as one unit and not engaging it in gear.

That is exactly what is happening. I ordered a new bracket this morning so I can connect it the right way.

i also might think about draining and refilling the trans/rear end. to see if any or how much metal is in the lube. look at the bottom you will see a 14mm head at the bottom thats your drain. look about midway up on the passinger side for a bolt that looks differnt(if i rember right its the same bolt) thats the fill plugg for the trans/rear end. get you a qt of 75-90 or 85-140 synthic lube, and fill her back up. ifyou want pur some of the lube in with the drain pplug out to flush any old lube and crap out of the bottom of the rear end. and if you can stick your finger in to make sure no debris is in there. blah blah balh.
simple easy 5 bucks for a peice of mind!

I like peace of mind. I'll do that. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car