lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: I need carb help - I think

Ok let me know. I can put up a video of what my linkage does when I step on the pedal if you want.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind, and ask you if I need. For now, I just need to get in there and find out why it's not moving. I know that cable got "stressed" during my lift. The entire engine dropped (gee, who would have thought the springs held the whole thing in!) and that cable was stretched tight, so I loosed it at the black box to take the strain off until I got the engine jacked back in. I think I just need to readjust it since it moves some, just not enough. Thanks again.
Mark27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #13
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

What lift did you use? I'm eyeing the Jake's 6" A-arm lift.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #14
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

I used the All Sport 6 inch A-arm. It went on easily enough, except for my own failures, like lowering the engine all the way to the floor. I guess there's a reason the instructions said to do one side at a time!! (who needs instructions - I want both springs off so I can paint them) The front went on with no problems, and looks great.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

Here's a picture of the lift:

Hmmm. That came out kind of small. You might see it better here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album.php?albumid=2501

Last edited by Mark27; 11-26-2012 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: adding information
Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Thanks for those pics. Does the cart seem to still have good power even with the bigger tires?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #17
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

I live in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains, and most of the places I use the cart are VERY hilly. (including my very long driveway). I only drive it "on road" paved and gravel. It struggles a bit on long hills, but it always did. It's plenty fast enough (for me) so I did buy a driven clutch power spring. When I went to install it, I saw that the driven clutch was actually broken, so I replaced the clutch and drive belt, but did NOT install the power spring. I've got the spring sitting on the bench, just in case. I probably will install it at some point for more torque on the hills, but I want to get this throttle thing worked out first, to get a better baseline.

If you haven't been on a lifted cart, (I hadn't) you DO sit up pretty high, and you get the feeling that it's a little "squirrley", but that seems to be more of a sensation than an actual fact. It's kind of like you don't feel as stable on a step stool as you do on the floor.

All in all, if you have that 87 CC (mine's an 8 and are going to be on hills or off road, I'd plan on putting aside another $50-60 for the power spring. My understanding is that it pretty much brings things back to "pre-lift" torque/speed. You may not need it. (I'm still not sure), but you'll have it in your budget, just in case.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Cool. Thanks. My area of Ohio isn't terribly hilly, I'll see how much power I have once it's all together. I'm getting a brand new drive clutch for Christmas (broken fixed sheave on my current one). But I'll inspect my driven clutch as well.

Did you lift your muffler when you installed your lift? I've heard that these lifts don't do anything to lift the KF82 muffler, if you want to lift it you have to be creative.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

No, but it doesn't look low like some of the pictures I've seen here. It stayed in the same place relative to the engine. I think Jakes and All Sport use basically the same setup in the rear, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car