lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #11
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: carburetor vacuum lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
OK Is this right? The line that goes from the fuel pump goes to part #12 here
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2...ssemengine.jpg

Does line from part #20 go anywhere?

Here is my situation. I need to put the gas overflow line into the line from part #20 (which pulsates air out) to make it run. But it don't run right. Once it is warmed up I then have to plug the gas overflow line to make it run.

I am hoping once I get all the lines where they're supposed to be I can ajust the carb and it will go.

Yes fuel pump to #12, hose from 20 goes in the air cleaner housing (look for small hole under housing close to carburator) all that hose does is vent crankcase vapors into the aircleaner so the engine can burn the vapors through the engine and out the exhaust, not a huge deal if its not hooked up. You can put a hose on there and let it just hang down if you want too. Tiny hose on carburator does not hook to anything, it just hangs down and goes through a clamp that is normally below the dip stick
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

OK the lines from part #12 and 20 go to where they are supposed to.
Now it won't even try to start.

So if I hook the lines from 12 and 20 together it runs for a little bit, then stops.
take it apart and put my finger over the ends and it might start for a few seconds. Playing with the throttle may make it run for a few seconds.

I've also had the carb off and cleaned it.

Any ideas where to go from here? Could I need a new carburetor? I am lost.
Please
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #13
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

ok, Im not the best typer in the world so bare with me, 12 and 20 DO NOT go together!!!!!. Forget about hose from 20 period we dont need that at all. OK?. Now onto the hose from 12, this port is the pulse hose going to the fuel pump. It goes on the fuel pump, to the nipple on the outer most side cover of the pump, the pump has two check valves inside so when the pulse hose sucks then pressures the diafram inside the pump it will pump fuel. If you take the hose from 12 off the fuel pump and crank the engine you should feel a pulsation on the end of that hose, if you do all is well there, put it back on the pump. Now the pump itself has arrows on it for direction of gas flow make sure that is correct. Now, the gas hose from the pump to carburator, pull it off the carburator and put it in a 20 oz pop bottle crank the engine for about 20 seconds how muck gas is in that pop bottle? im checking your fuel pump here. your engine is not getting gas and we need to find out why. I would be willing to call you also if you PM me a phone number, we could do this alot faster. RSP
Old 12-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I just did a search, have you been working on this issue for over a year?????
Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #15
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSP View Post
I just did a search, have you been working on this issue for over a year?????
Yes, sort of.
Last year after I got help here I got it running well. Then all of a sudden it went back to the same thing. I will PM you.
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car