lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Oil warning "red bulb" always on (???)

I agree. May want to change the oil and check the filter. It may be plugged with crap from the boys rolling it on its side. Dump the oil, clean the filter and add 1.5 qts of oil and check again.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #12
emmafabre
Not Yet Wild

meaning I should do what?
emmafabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Change the oil and check the filter to make sure it is clean. Then add 1.5 qts of oil
Old 10-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
emmafabre
Not Yet Wild

Hi guys,
thanks for the support.
KGSC, you were right, at least up to now. so far the oilf ilter was clogged.
here afeter my trouble shooting if it can help others. for the loss of power not yet sure it could be the admission valve. if you can help me with that.

but here after my trouble shooting for the lower pressure warning.

- I disconnected the cable from the sensor and no more alarm, thus this was not a mass on the bulb.
- i removed the valve cover.
- cranked the engine to see if oil is going out through the 2 lateral holes (left and right) below the valve cover and result nothing.
- thus it was clear that i have a flow issue of oil. could be the pump (unlikely) or the oil filter clogged.
- I removed the oil filter and you can not imagine how it was clogged. strange the amount of Gup around.

this could explain at 99% the reason of the low pressure.

because I have also an issue of power, an i suspect it is my admission valve to change I removed engine from the cart. thus I will see later on if I was right with the fact my oil low pressure was due to a clogged filter.

QUESTION.
How to clean well inside the engine through the foil filter oil?
If I have remaining gup inside I would like to remove and clean it before to re install the engine.

thanks for the feedback
Old 10-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The only real way to get all that sludge out of the engine is to take it apart. As for the filter, soak it in some type of solvent and you should be able to get it clean or just replace it. Don't forget the O ring that seals it and do not over tighten the bolts..
Old 10-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #16
emmafabre
Not Yet Wild

wooow to take apart the complete engine is the only way???
i can not put some fuel inside and shake a little bit he engine (is it outside the cart) and drain it?

cheers
Old 10-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You can try what you wish but to truly clean it all it needs to be flushed out. I would clean it best you can and put it back in and run it with a clean filter and fresh oil to see if the light goes out. If it doesn't you will have to go into the motor anyway.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #18
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

You could try using some motor flush, which you dump into your oil and then run it a little, then change the oil and filter.

Since you already have the oil drained, I'd recommend buying a bottle of engine flush, 3 quarts of oil, and two filters, one junk no name brand one and one good one.

Start by putting 1.5 quarts of the new oil in with some engine flush (you should find it at the local auto parts place) and the new cheapo filter. Be sure to follow the instructions on the bottle of flush regarding how much to use per quart, and then run the engine with the new oil, flush additive, and filter.

After you've ran the cart around a while (10-15 minutes? Enough to get good and hot) drain the oil and flush mixture that is there and take off the cheapo filter. When it has all drained out, put on the 2nd filter (the good one) and dump in the remaining 1.5 quarts of oil.

This is a procedure that has worked on some old cars for me and numerous others, so you might give it a shot.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #19
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

THere is no cheapo filter its a permanet filter that you clean out , do the flush with the old filter and then clean it again or order a new filter. their about 25 each
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #20
emmafabre
Not Yet Wild

thanks mate , very nice advice. i will do that. but first I b=need to change the intake valve (1 is dead) and once this is done .mmmm good to go and I will drain the oil twice with the engine flush.

a real night mare to find here (mexico) intake valve. it cost 45 USD each when in US you can have it for 15 or 17 USD. cheers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO