lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
sonnym
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 84 yamaha 2cycle won't turn over

I had it running good got home turned it off try to start it again it was like the batter was dead I hooked the charger up let it charge I pushed the pedal and it was try to turn over it was like it was locked down I could turn the motor with my hand .took the plug out and it turned over good .Pressers came out out of the head I put my finger in the spark plug hole and the motor stopped like it locked down I could take my finger off it start turn over What is going on?????? NEED HELP
sonnym is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 84 yamaha 2cycle won't turn over

Start with cleaning every (EVERY) conection in the engine compartmet.
that is an older cart and you could have faulty wires.
Take care not to spin the studs in the starter or solenoid.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Not getting power to the gen most likely. Bad wire connections are very common in old yamahas check them all.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
sonnym
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks' WILL START TOMORROW Does this sound like what wrong?? Will make it not turn over. It was running good something came loose are a wire broke?? I see where ever body burned there muffler do I need to do this??
sonnym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can stick something up the exit pipe of the muffler and make sure its clear, can also take it loose from the cylinder and (test to) see if it runs better......to check for plugged muffler.

Bad wire connections are common in old yamaha, battery post clamps, cable ends, connectors on solenoids, and do not forget ground wires because it all grounds through wires not the frame. Don't run accessories to the frame unless you put a good ground wire to the frame (from battery) it will blow the fuses out. Otherwise wire accessories to battery only.

Could be a problem with the gen too, but not nearly as common. Sometimes a bad connection will get hot when you try to make it work don't get burned but sometimes you can figure out where the problem is that way too with the larger cables.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
84 2 cycle yamaha w?t?o
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha