lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
Younggun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2002 workhorse, rebuild robin or swap a clone?

long story short the robin 350 in the cart needs rebuilt and upon teardown i found the drive clutch is history as well, so with this in mind what are your opinions on the best route to take? I would like to hear from those of you who have rebuilt your robins as well as those who went the clone route. What was the cost involved either way? are you happy with them? anything you would do different?
I am a pretty mechanical guy and would be doing the work myself either way, I have a shop i use for business and it is pretty well equipped, plasma, welders, torches, etc so give me your advice as to where to go from here. Thanks
Younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
beater cart
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2002 workhorse, rebuild robin or swap a clone?

To bad you don't live in Florida. I am pulling out a complete motor soon and will be selling it with the clutch and the gen starter assy.
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
Younggun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I wish I was in Florida for more reasons than this engine, lol had enough of this snow and cold weather to last me a lifetime! Not sure what shipping would be on something like that, might be worth looking into depending on what you want for the setup.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
Younggun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Beater cart , which route are you going with yours? Big block?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i went with a bigger block.. the robin was seized, and i felt like i simplified things by going with another motor for the most part. since you can fab, you can make what you need.
whats up with the clutch?
when i do another cart, ive been thinking about vegas carts & performance clone setup..
Slamminsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #6
beater cart
Gone Wild

Yes I am in the process of putting the vanguard together pulse I still have other parts to buy and fabricate just don't seem to have enough time in the day.
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #7
Younggun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

slamminsam, the clutch must have been near death before i put the new belt on because it now has windows in the surface near the top where the new belt finished polishing the metal away. no fixing that baby, i will post some pics later so you can see for yourself. I spoke with Geoff at vegas carts yesterday and am seriously considering the clone he has with the comet 780 clutch set up. this was supposed to be a cheap cart to use around the yard and take with us when we head to the nascar races and it is quickly turning into an investment.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah, they kind of do that, but when you are done youll have a good cart, and you know whats in it.
my driven was hammered, i put it on a lathe to clean it up figuring i didnt have anything to lose. it seems to work , but i have clutch issues i havent figured out yet either.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #9
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

any update on this project Younggun?
Old 03-30-2014, 09:22 AM   #10
Younggun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah I have actually posted several pics under the clone section of the big block talk thread. I have the motor in, the spring over lift done in the rear and am headed to the shop with my son today to get started fabbing a drop axle up front and a starter/generator bracket so we can get this thing back up and running this week
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO