lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
Lhvickers
Not Yet Wild

Default Rpm limiter on 97 ds

Hi guys new member and first timer so bare with me I have a 97 ds and unhooked the rpm limited because I couldn't get no spark to my plug now the cart runs fine but I don't won't to hurt my engine the speed governor is still hooked up to factory specs so do I need to bite the bullet and buy a new rpmlimiter or will the speed governor take care of the engine?
Lhvickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rpm limiter on 97 ds

Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:24 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rpm limiter on 97 ds

Probably half of the carts in our campground have the RPM limiter disabled. As long as the mechanical governor is still functioning you're safe. In fact many reset the governor faster and disable the RPM limiter to allow that faster operation. Club Car is very conservative with their RPM settings & the engines will generally live quite happily with slightly higher speeds, BUT some care is called for.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car