lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2022, 06:29 PM   #1
catchdx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1986 Ezgo 36v electric golf cart trouble

I purchased a battery gage from Amazon. It has 3 prongs on the back of it. 1 is positive, 1 is negative, and 1 labeled "C". I wired it according to the instructions, which said connect + prong to positive terminal battery 1. - prong to negative terminal. "c" prong to one side of the key switch and from the other side of the key switch, to + terminal of battery 1. when I turned the key on, it looked like a spark from the forward-neutral-reverse switch and now the cart won't move in either forward or reverse. Any idea what can be causing this? I removed the battery gage and still nothing. Please help
catchdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2022, 02:21 PM   #2
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1986 Ezgo 36v electric golf cart trouble

sounds like the micro switch on the shifter shorted out and blew. sounds like the C should have been a common. I haven't been a fan of multi prong volt meters. My experience is to just check the key switch to verify if it's a positive or negative switch, then wire the corresponding wire to the switch and the opposite to battery pack. (Meaning if the Key is fed from the positive of the battery pack, hook the positive to the key and negative to the pack, that way it turns off with the switch.)

Check out your micro switches for damage. sounds like one or more are fried.
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO