lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2022, 07:50 PM   #1
RXVMike
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Thoughts on this battery range??

Hey guys, thanks for reading. Here's what I got.....and it's not a bad thing. At least I don't THINK it is.

Bought a 2018 RXV in late October of last year. Took it out for two, 15 minute rides and had to park it for the winter. (Why do I live in Indiana again??) Anyway, at the beginning of the season I brought my batteries back up to a very healthy 50.1-50.3 by boosting them.

My wife and I have been enjoying some pretty decent cruising and the battery gauge doesn't really move. Like 40-50 min cruises. Which brings me to tonight.
We decided to really have a nice ride. Couple cocktails, sunset and a long 70 min ride. Our throttle was about 30-40% the whole time. Needle never moved from full.

I got home and tested the pack. 50.1 Then each battery.
12.4 (Yes I realize that doesn't add up to 50.1. They never do)

So whats the deal? How do I cruise at 30-40% throttle for 70 minutes nonstop and essentially use no battery power?? I'm confused and hoping someone has some knowledge in this sorcery.

Edit to add the chart:

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...nnieBChart.jpg

Appears I used 20% of my battery packs charge. Hmmmm, the meter did not move from F however. Possible it is not a dynamic gauge and more of a minimum threshold meter to signal 25% volt used, 50% used, 75%, etc.

Best,
RXVMike
RXVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2022, 07:57 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Thoughts on this battery range??

You are using battery power but the voltage is still decent so you could have gone further. Don't knock it! Keep the batteries charged and they will last a long time. Always charge after a ride.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 04:47 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You started with 50.1v and after a 70 min ride it's still 50.1v, that can't be. Oem battery gauges arn't very acurate, but after your ride it should visible come down. Also, check the battery of your volt meter, sometimes they produce bad readings with a low batt. And, what battery brand / type you're talking about?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 05:33 AM   #4
RXVMike
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
You started with 50.1v and after a 70 min ride it's still 50.1v, that can't be. Oem battery gauges arn't very acurate, but after your ride it should visible come down. Also, check the battery of your volt meter, sometimes they produce bad readings with a low batt. And, what battery brand / type you're talking about?
Batteries are Trojan. The numbers I posted earlier were obtained with a voltmeter. Like I said in my edit...based on the battery chart (that is not showing up imbedded in my thread) I used 20% of the packs charge, but the gauge never appeared to move from Full, thus the reason for my test.
70 minutes of casual cruising with a 20% reduction in charge on batteries that are 4 years old is pleasantly surprising.
RXVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 08:36 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Trojan batteries are the best on the long run... I've had different sets of Trojans for 9 years now and never disappointed. I think you can expect some more years out of them. Without a working soc gauge it's a bit unsure, so i'd recommend either replacing the gauge or/and much better, a good in-dash voltmeter connected direct to the battery pack.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO