lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2020, 01:17 AM   #121
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 CC Precedent Brakes Locking/Dragging

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNajarian View Post
Thanks CCNorth. A lot to look at when I get to the cart again.

I did check the U bolts on the side of the problem. They seemed tight. I will double check both sides.

The wheel is off but I do not notice any play on the axle. I値l check the brake plate for inconsistencies. I uploaded another photo from a slightly different angle. It looks more uniform to me than the first photo.

The brake cable does not seem to be tight. There is some play.

As for the bolts, I have some grade 8 bolts I will use.

Again thanks for all of your help. I値l report back as soon as possible.
MUCH better angle.... looks okay. You can disregard my comments. I'll stop brainstorming.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2020, 09:01 AM   #122
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
MUCH better angle.... looks okay. You can disregard my comments. I'll stop brainstorming.
I am very grateful for your insight. Everyone on this forum has been so helpful. Every morsel of knowledge is appreciated.

I知 still scratching my head am out my SAE/Metric bolt setup.
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #123
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
I think he said he was married, he don't need 'em anyway. :D
The only way mine get hurt is when my wife drops her purse!! been there since 87'

Glad you got it off....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #124
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNajarian View Post
I am very grateful for your insight. Everyone on this forum has been so helpful. Every morsel of knowledge is appreciated.

I知 still scratching my head am out my SAE/Metric bolt setup.
Scratching my head, too. Did you purchase from a authorized ACG dealer/reseller? If so, I don't understand them telling you that it was built on a CC Precedent frame. Here is what a ACG rep posted on this forum:

https://community.electricforum.com/...golf-cars/6470

"Our cars are made in our facility here in Chino, California. These are complete LSV/NEV cars, no body kits, and come as is. This makes it much cheaper and is more efficient than having to buy a chassis, buying the body kit, getting it painted, then installed. The chassis used is similar to that of a Club Car, but is slightly larger and uses a thicker aluminum."

Found a DOT report of Non-Compliance where ACG states they order their carts as a "kit" from China and then is assembled either at the main ACG store or by the reseller. There is a You Tube video showing such an assembly.
Perhaps whoever assembled the cart ran out of Metric bolts.

Does their kit come preassembled from China with the rear axle? I think it might. I saw a post where owner was selling ACG Hummer for parts because he needed a rear axle and it was discontinued and could not find a replacement.

I think it's fair to say your cart is not built on a CC Precedent frame. It is proprietary.

Check the reviews online for ACG. Not as positive as I would like to see.

FYI, Hummer h1 and h3 body kits are available from other sources where anyone can convert their current cart.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:56 PM   #125
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Two month mystery SOLVED

I finally had time to get up close with my cart after the ordeal of removing the brake drum.

With the help of a neighbor familiar with golf carts we determined the sequence of events that led up to and resulted in the disabling of my cart.

1) Several of the four axle bolts were not sufficiently torqued down. One of the nuts worked itself off despite (likely) having a lock washer installed. The other three bolts/nuts had lock washers.

2) The bolt fell inside the drum and wedged itself between the brake drum and the trailing brake shoe. Likely this is the reason the cart would not initially drive forward.

3) Putting the cart in reverse freed the axle bolt, but in the process bent part of the brake shoe in a way it contacted the inner part of the brake drum surface. (See Photo)

4) The part of the brake shoe in contact with the brake drum scored the inner part of the brake drum. (See Photo)

5) Likely the metal shavings described earlier in this post originated from the metal part of the brake shoe in contact with the drum.

6) Closer inspection of the rest of the brake assembly did not reveal any additional damage.

I reinstalled the brake shoes with new springs. Tomorrow I will replace the brake drum and wheel and hopefully put an end to this saga. If everything checks out I will either turn the drum or buy a new one.

Thanks to all who participated.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:49 AM   #126
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Happy to know things are going well and hope the problem is soon to be resolved. Keep us posted about your test ride.
If those marks on the drum are no worse than they appear, it can be fixed. Good luck!
Old 10-30-2020, 11:09 PM   #127
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Issue completely resolved.

Thanks to the brain trust on this forum, my issue is completely resolved.

I cleaned up the brake assembly, reinstalled the shoes and the drum. . . and got back on the road! No dragging or even any brake noise.

Got the cart up to 23 MPH and it stopped well. I知 breathing a sigh of relief. Soon I will go over the entire cart to make sure there are no more surprises.

Now I get to start doing my fun mods.

Thanks everyone for your help, a donation to the Forum in your honor is on its way.

Best Regards

Raffi Najarian
Old 10-31-2020, 01:44 AM   #128
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's great news!!! Big sigh of relief here, too.

I know your donation will be very appreciated. You are very kind.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:01 AM   #129
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

This was more of a nailbiter than who shot JR and who killed Laura Palmer.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:59 AM   #130
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
This was more of a nailbiter than who shot JR and who killed Laura Palmer.
Your are so right! Too funny, Purple Car Man.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car