lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2020, 12:34 PM   #31
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: New to me EZgo Shuttle Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfinnegan View Post
WaYYYYYYYy old thread but i read and re-read any thread i can find on these carts since i am constantly working on mine, and update info where i can for the next guy (sorry not sorry)

You probably have this tag info by now, but again for the next guy that see this:

"The numbers on the serial plate read left to right, top down:"

1290 (OPERATING WEIGHT, LBS) 586 (OPERATING WEIGHT, KG)
840 (WEIGHT WITH NO BATTERIES, LBS) 382 (WEIGHT WITH NO BATTERIES, KG)
2000 (RATED CAPACITY, LBS) 909 (RATED CAPACITY, KG)
PCX-952 (MODEL NUMBER) 36 (VOLTS)
450 (MAX BATTERY WEIGHT FOR THE TRAY, LBS) 205 (MAX BATTERY WEIGHT FOR THE TRAY, KG)
UL15160 (SERIAL NUMBER/VIN)
E0795 (MANUFACTURING CODE: YOURS IS A 1995)

Actually, I never "officially" dated mine so I will do so this weekend. I believe that mine is a 1991 based on differences in model years within the service manual that spans many years but it would be nice to know for sure.

I will say this, it's been 4+ years since the upgrade and the thing still runs great. Other than a motor brush replacement things have been strong (knocking on wood).
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2020, 05:03 AM   #32
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
I will say this, it's been 4+ years since the upgrade and the thing still runs great. Other than a motor brush replacement things have been strong (knocking on wood).
NICE! i'm in the middle of going to 48V myself :)

also, is your tag still there on the cart by the f/r switch? The other day i had to take a piece of paper and rub a pencil on a buddy of mines tag to get the numbers off of it since his tag it almost completely smoothed over.
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:33 AM   #33
SscClt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfinnegan View Post
NICE! i'm in the middle of going to 48V myself :)

also, is your tag still there on the cart by the f/r switch? The other day i had to take a piece of paper and rub a pencil on a buddy of mines tag to get the numbers off of it since his tag it almost completely smoothed over.
I know this was quite a while ago, but what were your results after switching over to 48v?

Just yesterday I picked up a BCX-960 which is laid out as a 3-seater, not beverage cart. I am going to need more power up hill, so the plan is to do a 48v ASAP. Just curious how much of a difference it made for you?
SscClt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:00 AM   #34
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SscClt View Post
I know this was quite a while ago, but what were your results after switching over to 48v?

Just yesterday I picked up a BCX-960 which is laid out as a 3-seater, not beverage cart. I am going to need more power up hill, so the plan is to do a 48v ASAP. Just curious how much of a difference it made for you?
Enormous difference. I went from 10 mph to 15 mph. That might not seem like a ton but it's 50% more top end speed. Better, though, torque went way up as well. It took a long time to get up to speed before the upgrade. Now you get thrown back in your seat a little when you stomp it.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 07:39 PM   #35
SscClt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Enormous difference. I went from 10 mph to 15 mph. That might not seem like a ton but it's 50% more top end speed. Better, though, torque went way up as well. It took a long time to get up to speed before the upgrade. Now you get thrown back in your seat a little when you stomp it.
Thanks. You did that with the stock motor? Mine is a 2hp GE model.
SscClt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO