lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Quality Lithium Pack

I have read countless lithium threads on here and i’m impressed with the knowledge and experience of the contributors. I’m about to replace 8v batteries to get more run time and more amps under load. I’d love to go with lithium, but just don’t feel comfortable with building my own. Is there anywhere to buy a high quality setup for a reasonable amount? I thinking Trojan Rangers if I go FLA so $1200, would be happy to pay $2500-$3000 if I could get a high quality lithium setup, but everything I am seeing is $4-$5k. Maybe i just need to wait a few years, but just want to make sure i’m not missing anything.

Any advice is appreciated.
Texasbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2019, 04:19 PM   #2
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Quality Lithium Pack

I looked at a pack from lithiumbatterypower.com in the link below and emailed them about the BMS integrated into batteries.

https://www.lithiumbatterypower.com/...rt-battery-kit

Here is their response along with attached BMS details in photo:

Thanks for reaching out! The BMS that we use in our batteries was created by our in-house team of highly skilled engineers.

Yes there is an automatic cutoff switch for high and low voltages, as well as built-in overcharge protection. It's definitely the best BMS on the market.

Feel free to take a look inside: https://www.lithiumbatterypower.com/...ithium-battery

Please let me know if you have any questions! You can also give us a call.
Attached Images
File Type: png F16E2D45-88B0-4993-A185-DC9AAB50A324.png (155.9 KB, 0 views)
Texasbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Meh...

You could build an awesome 120ah Leaf pack with a quality BMS and charger for a fraction of their cost. Around $2000.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbass View Post
I’d love to go with lithium, but just don’t feel comfortable with building my own.
Any advice is appreciated.
I was the same way, but I'm that way with anything new. Between this forum and some other resources I was able to do it. I tend to be one of those that has to jump in and get started in order to truly engage in learning new things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbass View Post
Yes there is an automatic cutoff switch for high and low voltages, as well as built-in overcharge protection. It's definitely the best BMS on the market.
Hmm... I would love to hear the response from Sergio and other gurus on here, to that statement!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #5
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Your ability to spell and punctuate leads me to believe you could build your own. It can be intimidating at first. There is a plethora of knowledge out there and on here about the subject, give it a shot if you feel comfortable. Leaf modules seem to be the easiest/user friendly in my opinion, people are shoving them in to everything these days.

Last edited by izzybird; 06-14-2019 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: Spellin
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:42 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Avoid any "lithium" battery replacement module(s) with a built-in BMS! The sellers will say anything to sell them, and you will be sadly left holding useless battery modules and no working lithium powered cart.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:36 AM   #7
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Another memberbbn on here drew up a blueprint for me of my schematic. Made everything so much easier. Took me a week to assemble and install.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO