lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New to me club car

Hello,me again,long time no see!
Anyhow,got a phone call,woke me up this morning. "I got a golf cart you might want". I am half asleep,and I did think to ask,how much."Blue light special 100 bucks.Good shape."
Well,I get there,the roof is not on it,no batterys.Lester charger,come with windshield and 1 of those mulitable mirror things on the roof frame.Flat black with a flame job on the front with BLUE seat.
Yea,looks like something you would drive to Woodstock.
Anyhow, It is solid ,no cracks in the body and etc.I brought it home. The previous owner had replaced the forward reverse switch,and the charger outlet.
I have trouble shooted enough to determine the micro switch in the throttle assembly,I think it is called a V ride? is bad as no beep with the meter and I can ground the wire of the solinoid and make it clic.Also the red wire from the key switch must be bad because I have to jump it to.
BUT All I can make it do is reverse.NO forward.
Kinda stumped.I will post a couple pics this evening.

serial number A9038222797
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00013.JPG (59.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00014.JPG (60.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00015.JPG (60.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00008.JPG (59.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00012.JPG (59.9 KB, 0 views)
tdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #2
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me club car

If more pics are needed to help diagnose,let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00009.JPG (59.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-14-2020, 07:41 PM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Looks pretty good to me for $100. What are your ultimate goals for the cart and what's the budget?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:34 PM   #4
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

To be completely honest,goal is to troubleshoot,make work and if a freind of mine who's knee surgery has failed him that wants a reasonably priced golf cart wants it,probably pass it along to him to help him get around engine and tractor shows easier.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:02 PM   #5
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quick question,if I wanted to remove all this black paint and flames and such,will a spray chemical stripper mess up the plastic or fiberglass ,which ever this body is made from?
I ordered me a micro switch for the throttle assembly this morning.
So hopefully sometime next week i will have my trailer project out of the shop and can get this in there and get serious about fixing it.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:33 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It will damage the shell. Just get a DA and sand it all off. If there are any stickers, a heat gun will do it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:42 AM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
It will damage the shell. Just get a DA and sand it all off. If there are any stickers, a heat gun will do it.
I agree with this. Don't put any of that stuff on it sand it pretty smooth then put primer on it and sand it some more.

Of course depending on what you are going for it could be a lot more involved, but basically this.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:27 PM   #8
retiredtech
Not Yet Wild

i used chemical stripper on an old body that i picked up and had no problems. you do need to sand it lightly and use adhesion promoter when you paint it.
retiredtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #9
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks folks. Ok,This morning I put a piece of plywood in the middle section and put 3 12 volt gel cels in it just for testing. I got the micro switch in the throttle assembly and just ran a jumper for the wire from the key switch.I hooked the black wire from the motor,and the white wire from the charger port to the negitive of 36 volts,put the red wire to the positive. The green wire that is for 18 volts reverse I hooked to the 12 volt negitive of the first battery.
I have a lightning fast reverse,as in scares me and a very blahza forward.I get there but it is slower.
I have checked wires and locations with the limited diagram i have and nothing looks obvious out of place. It drives alot different than a ez-go for sure. It is as if polority is reversed but I can't figure out where.
Edit,I made 100% for sure that S1 S2 and so forth were hooked to the right places. I did find that the previous person had run the + wire to the throttle micro switch instead of the key switch.The throttle switch is supposed to ground the solinoid.So I fixed that.But no change.And i finally did notice, FWD and REV are switched around,when in REV according to the knob,I am going forward kinda slow.When the Knob shows me to be in FWD, I am flying backwards!
Switching the + main cable with the - main cable will not even let it work.
So I had to put that back and then I was back to slow forward and fast reverse.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:03 PM   #10
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I can't edit the above post.BUT Being I aint got good sense,I had thought the green wire was a negitive.Wrong,it is a positive.THen I was digging around and found another thread here that mentioned put the green wire to the 36volt + and I did.NOW I have a fast forward and a fast reverse. BUT the Knob is still marked backwards.So could I simply have the wrong knob?
Also,it no longer has flames on it. I have sanded the past hour or so hard as I could and have a first coat of dark forest green on the front end. I will clean up the back end and paint it sometime as well. As well as die the seat cushions beige.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car