lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2020, 06:50 AM   #11
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Female needs help with 89 club car wiring-WONT MOVE!

Thank you for responding to me. No, I did not change anything with the vglide. All I was doing was putting it back to the original 36v so I removed controller, and it had a 48v solenoid, so I got a 36v solenoid.
I can’t figure out how to attach a photo on here...ugh, I’m about to give up. I think I made my questions harder then they had to be.
1- one side of key switch goes to micro on F&R switch, the other side goes where? One diagram shows it going to beg side of charger receptacle and another diagram shows it going to bottom left of F&R switch
2- on my new solenoid, there is a distinct + on one of the lg posts (I read on here that polarity doesn’t matter), so which thicker white wire goes to + side of solenoid?
3- when wiring 3 12v (I’ve wired several carts in the past), does it matter which of the 3 the green wire goes on?
Jcaden012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2020, 08:42 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just to clarify your intentions, You removed the controller and small resistors from the V-Glide (Multi Step Potentiometer):

and you are re-installing all of the big cables and resistor coil assembly to run at 36v without a Controller?

If that is the case the final wiring will look like this:

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:22 AM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Please note Jcaden012, we are using the term "resistor" in 3 contexts here.

1) The large coils under the seat toward the back. (You must have these)

2) The thing across the 2 large posts of the solenoid. (You do not need that)

3) The tiny things inside the V Glide. (You do not need these)
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #14
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

I have the coils/resistors you mentioned (rear seat area), and followed the diagram. I’ve tried using the voltmeter to test keyswitch/micro switch/F&W switch, to no avail. It makes no sense. I’m ready to give up. This isn’t my first cart, but I can’t figure it out to save my life and this forum was my last bid for help bc everyone on here knows what their doing!
Old 10-19-2020, 12:48 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

A few details You can check to get it working.

1) Make sure the resistor coils thickness/loops and cable colors match the locations (FNR posts/terminals) they are supposed to go.

2) If the Solenoid + marking is on the top near the big posts then connect the white cable that goes to the FNR on that post.

3) If the solenoid has a small diode soldered between the small terminals, the side of the diode with the "Stripe" goes to the FNR micro-switch (positive). The other side of the FNR micro-switch goes to the Key Switch.

4) The pedal micro-switch is the negative and it uses the COM and the N.C. terminals (make sure you have the correct two terminals). The pedal micro-switch can connect to pack negative or the negative on the charger receptacle.

5) Since You only have 3 batteries, wire the reverse speed positive cable that use to go to the middle battery (+18v) to the second battery positive post (+24v).

6) You should not have a resistor on the Solenoid big posts.

Follow the high resolution wiring diagram that I posted, there were different versions of that resistor coil setup and some used a "negative key-switch" that should be avoided. The diagram I posted is the preferred "positive key-switch" setup.

VGlide cable connection details:

Old 10-19-2020, 05:54 PM   #16
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much for responding to me, and outlining where I can start. I understand everything you wrote, so after lunch tomorrow I plan on trying once again. The only part I didn’t understand was number four, were you explain the pedal microswitch. Is that the microswitch in the V glide or the micro switch on the F&R switch? I do see a few wires behind the actual gas pedal but didn’t see any mention of those in the wiring diagram (wiring the pedal acceleration near brake).
Lastly, now that you mentioned the coils with the cables, I know the cables are all on correctly, but I recall the coils came loose so I took them all off to replace the rusty bolts and put the coils back on. I didn’t know it mattered which coil was placed where. Am I understanding that there is a certain order they need to be on? Bc I just took the coils off, cleaned up the rust, and replaced. Hoping maybe it’s something simple like I screwed up putting the coils back on but all the coils look the same!! YOU are a lifesaver...I was about to give up but I’m on a half day tomorrow and plan to go thru your list to troubleshoot! Thankyou. I’m sorry I suck at this and don’t know how to post simple pics to this thread.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:18 PM   #17
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sergio is the master at this and will help you figure this out. He is referring to the micro switch in the v glide when he says pedal switch. The resistor coils are different sizes for different stages, but I think the cart would still move even if you had them mixed up, the speeds would not be as smooth, but Sergio will confirm or deny that.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:37 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The "Pedal activated micro-switch" as mgray70 pointed out in this case refers to the switch inside the VGlide.

Make sure those two wires: Green and Black, are connected to the COM and N.C. terminals on that micro-switch (the two furthest apart).

The micro-switch in the FNR uses the COM and the N.O. terminals.

Those labels should be engraved on the side of the micro-switch.

The coils should be in that proper sequence since the last coils to be bypassed by the VGlide will carry more current and need to dissipate the most heat so they are thicker and have fewer turns (less resistance).

So the coil starting from the cable that comes from the VGlide is the thinner coil with the most turns and the coil closest to the cable that goes to the motor is the thickest with the fewer turns.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:05 AM   #19
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

i have that same cart in my garage , if you need pics of anything ....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:05 PM   #20
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

I found my thread...the one I didn’t mean to start bc I already started one, and I just read your responses. Thank you SERGIO, MOONCARTER, and MGRAY for your patience with me. I’m in tears trying to figure this out and I logged into this and read that I suck bc I posted a new thread by mistake! BUDULE- I would love pics of your wiring. You guys are awesome. I’m going to now go thru what you all said and try to check my coils first. I couldn’t get online yesterday bc we had a bad storm, so couldn’t work on the Cart either. It’s my Dads birthday this wknd and this was supposed to be his gift. I’ll be lucky if I get I running this year, much less by the weekend!

Tags
12v batteries, solenoid, v-glide, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car