lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2020, 01:23 AM   #1
Jwell
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart starts then stops with new Allied drop ins

I have a 1995 Yamaha G14-E 36V that the lead acid batteries were tired.
I bought 3 12V 100ah Allied drop ins, balancer and Allied charger. Quick and easy conversion. The performance was great and for a couple of weeks it ran fine. Then I had it start momentarily and then stop. Took a breath and tried again and it worked normal. Did it again a couple of days later. Hmmm? Then a couple of days later it does it again and won’t go. I thought it was the contactor, but it checks out fine. Same with the pedal switch and sensor. I checked voltages and got some readings I did not understand. I got voltage to the contactor on the output post without the contactor being engaged after pushing the pedal, getting the contactor to close, the cart made a brief stutter and nothing. I released the pedal and got out the volt meter. The reading I got on the output post was initially battery pack voltage and then is was slowly going down. Could it be the controller back feeding to the contactor? Is the controller bad? So while I was pondering my problem I converted my other cart, an EZGO 36V with the same setup. It worked for a couple of days and now it does the same thing.
Coincidence, bad luck or do I need to upgrade other components to get them to run? I,m new to electric carts issues other than taking care of lead acid batteries.
I have had these carts for 2 years with no issues. This problem sound familiar to anyone?
Jwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2020, 06:04 PM   #2
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Cart starts then stops with new Allied drop ins

Jwell have you got anywhere with your issue? Wondering if you figured out what is causing your stop and starting?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:32 PM   #3
alangsam
Getting Wild

Default Re: Cart starts then stops with new Allied drop ins

it could be the bms in the batteries is cutting out. challenge is you can't as they don't give you anyway to check the status of the bms via an app. i would return the batteries if possible.
alangsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car