lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
JPfromSD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Stereo installation on EZgo Marathon '92

Looking to install a stereo and speakers. Do I need anything between the stereo and battery? I don't want the stereo taking any extra juice out of my batteries. Any suggestion would be much appreciated!

thanks!
JPfromSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #2
Nate
Gone Wild

Default Re: Stereo installation on EZgo Marathon '92

Using a DC to DC converter across the entire battery pack and stepping the voltage down to 12V would keep the pack balanced and help reduce the possibility of an over voltage oops.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:41 PM   #3
JPfromSD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I was on Amazon and there are several, any one in particular I need? I really appreciate your response!
Old 04-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
jkg2003
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If you ever want to add accessories later get the highest rated amp you can afford. You should be able to find a 15amp for $30 or so, going to a 20amp or higher gets expensive!
jkg2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #5
JPfromSD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So I need an dc to dc converter then an Amp? not sure what I know what you mean...I definitely want to have my lights hooked up to it I believe they are hooked up straight to the batteries...
Old 04-14-2015, 02:11 AM   #6
polocheck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Your thinking stereo amplifier. He's talking about the size of the converter in amperes. The larger the ampere rating the more accessories you can run through it. I would suggest getting a quality converter. Scotty B has one that all the members recommend for $89 at carts unlimited. You will also want want a fuse block. I use a Blue Sea Systems 5025 and have been very happy with it.
polocheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #7
Nate
Gone Wild

If you add a sound system with a kicking sub woofer you will want to add a 12 volt battery. The battery will handle the high amp pulses when the bass kicks.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:03 PM   #8
JPfromSD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am just adding a couple of 6"1/2 speakers, would anyone know of instructions/directions on how to hookup the ampere and fuse box? is it pretty simple, positive to the positive side and negative to the negative side of the batteries?

thank you all for your feedback
Old 04-16-2015, 12:26 AM   #9
Nate
Gone Wild

Scotty B has instructions on how to wire the DC converter he sells to 48V the battery pack on his sponsor page. The stereo amp gets wired to the DC converter just like a battery. Positive wire of stereo to positive of DC converter. Negative wire of stereo to negative of DC converter. Things get a little tricky if the stereo amp negative connection uses chassis ground.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:36 PM   #10
JPfromSD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry to respond so late but I just got back to this project...The Cart already has lights built in, do you think there is already a dc converter installed? what would it look like?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO