lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2015, 01:56 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: XCT500pds install question

jb. I had my cables on my DCX500 and Alltrax told me that I wired it wrong and that the controller would not be able to control top speed because the cable from the motor needed to be on the B+ of the controller. Well I rewired it like he told me and it still won't control the top speed.. So I am not sure which is correct. I still owe them a phone call but not sure I want to talk with the same guy..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The DCX control cannot control motor speed because it has no way to read much less control motor rpm
The XCT can read and control motor rpm because the motor pigtail plugs right into this control.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

So the top speed slider is in the software why ?? And I am just stating what the guy from Alltrax told me.. I told him PDS setup with a DCX500.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFX4 View Post
What kind of difference are you talking about with the move? Does it matter if cable 3 runs directly from A2 on motor to solenoid? Or run it to B+ on controller, and from B+ to solenoid?
You probably cannot tell the difference with 4Ga or thicker cables. It is less than 0.1V difference at the Armature.

It is however, returning the A2 cable to its original routing. (PDS schematic attached.)

The reason that the A2 cable migrated from the solenoid's controller side large terminal to the B+ terminal on the controller was because the length of the stud terminals on the stock solenoid was too short to stack two the thicker ring terminals (lugs) used on quality aftermarket cables.

Except for current density, the two points are the same electrically and somehow having two cables on the controller's B+ terminal now appears on Alltrax and other schematics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS.JPG (129.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
jb. I had my cables on my DCX500 and Alltrax told me that I wired it wrong and that the controller would not be able to control top speed because the cable from the motor needed to be on the B+ of the controller. Well I rewired it like he told me and it still won't control the top speed.. So I am not sure which is correct. I still owe them a phone call but not sure I want to talk with the same guy..
My first upgrade was installing 2 Ga cables in and otherwise stock PDS.
As you can see in the first picture, I attached two cable to the B+ terminal on the controller (Because the stud on the solenoid was too short to stack two of the thicker cable lugs that the new cables had.)

The second picture shows, I returned to the original wiring configuration when I upgraded to a solenoid the had terminal stud long enough to take two of the thicker cable lugs.

As for what the guy at Alltrax said, the electron current flow for the armature is B- at the battery pack to the B- terminal on the controller to M- to A1 to A2 to the Solenoid contacts to B+ at the battery pack. The B+ terminal on the controller is part of the Field circuit, but not part of the armature circuit. Even if it was, the only difference between having two cables landed on the solenoid's controller side large terminal and having two cables landed on the controller's B+ terminal is a foot or so of cable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Controller with 2Ga cables.JPG (644.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DCX Installed-1.jpg (891.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-15-2015, 05:51 PM   #16
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Paying attention as I should have my 500 early next month.
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:50 PM   #17
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

almost there. Had to make new F1 and F2 cables because I threw out old ones not thinking I would need them.

IMG_0148.jpg
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Jb, my cable from the solenoid to the controller is around 6 inches so I agree with the it should not matter.. But I tried it and got no joy.. I still need to call them on another issue.. Switched the cart to a Progressive throttle input and it had almost zero power in reverse. Throttle would go to 28% and never any higher. Was told it couldn't possibly be the software but when I switched back to Linear the cart was fine..
Old 09-16-2015, 08:19 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Jb, my cable from the solenoid to the controller is around 6 inches so I agree with the it should not matter.. But I tried it and got no joy.. I still need to call them on another issue.. Switched the cart to a Progressive throttle input and it had almost zero power in reverse. Throttle would go to 28% and never any higher. Was told it couldn't possibly be the software but when I switched back to Linear the cart was fine..
KG, this is about a DCX controller issues and the thread is about XCT controllers, so it would probably be best to start a new thread since switching controller types may confuse future readers of this thread.

FWIW: When I was running a DCX400 and later a DCX500, I used the Progressive throttle curve, but never looked to see how high the throttle % went when in reverse.

The DCX doesn't have throttle range compensation, so you need to check what the ITS voltage is when the Throttle % is 28% in reverse. BTW: In the DCX, throttle % is actually throttle position, it is duty cycle of the PWM output.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Jb, I agree with starting a new thread and will after I talk with Alltrax. I did look at the throttle % in linear and it went to 100% when the 1/2 speed reverse was off and 50% when it was on. Thinking software issue but was told that possibility couldn't happen. But was also told that the controller I had was bad because it was out of warranty. Seems funny because it has about 30 hours of use.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO