lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Default About to Install Raptor (7126) Motor

Starting last year I converted my 36v series 2000 EZGO TXT to 48v. I did an Alltrax SPM-48500 controller, 2ga wires, HD FnR, HD solenoid and 48V batteries. Im doing roughly 18-19mph with 23" tires currently. I wanted to do mid 20's. I live in Florida so flat with no hills.

After much debate i decided to go with the Raptor motor (6.1hp 5330rpm). I didn't want to spend the money and only go 2-3mph faster. But also didn't wanted to go too fast. It might be a little too much speed but I'll report back later
idleize350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: About to Install Raptor (7126) Motor

I will be very interested what you end up with.....as I already have the Raptor in my cart....have the same controller, cables, and HD F&R......but I am still running 36v.....but intend to go to 48v when I need to get a new pack.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:32 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like it'll haul as*.

If it ends up being too fast, at least sometimes, you should consider the Altrax FN switch. It allows you to dial the power up or down at will. I'm at 36v, for now anyways, and put the switch in when I did the 48500. I've got elderly people and kids that occasionally drive the cart, so I didn't want it at full power all of the time. ScottyB has the switch and it's a simple plug and play install. The dial part does come in a box / module that is kind of awkward but it is easy to modify. I took it apart and installed the dial right into the dash. It's on the far left in the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (215.8 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:58 AM   #4
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Well the cart is definitely hauling as* now lol. I'm doing roughly 30-31mph on GPS. That's with a 6" lift, 23" tires, and a passenger. The nice part is now I don't have to give it full throttle now and I can cruise around 24-25.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #5
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I will be very interested what you end up with.....as I already have the Raptor in my cart....have the same controller, cables, and HD F&R......but I am still running 36v.....but intend to go to 48v when I need to get a new pack.
Sir Nuke I basically put my setup together after yours lol
Old 12-14-2016, 09:02 AM   #6
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Sounds like it'll haul as*.

If it ends up being too fast, at least sometimes, you should consider the Altrax FN switch. It allows you to dial the power up or down at will. I'm at 36v, for now anyways, and put the switch in when I did the 48500. I've got elderly people and kids that occasionally drive the cart, so I didn't want it at full power all of the time. ScottyB has the switch and it's a simple plug and play install. The dial part does come in a box / module that is kind of awkward but it is easy to modify. I took it apart and installed the dial right into the dash. It's on the far left in the pic.
This is awesome. I will definitely be looking into this for when other use the cart.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Be careful with HD use on that "speed motor", it was not designed with big tires & off-roading in mind. Ask me how I know....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #8
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Be careful with HD use on that "speed motor", it was not designed with big tires & off-roading in mind. Ask me how I know....
She's a street queen here in FL. So no hills or Offroad.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:30 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by idleize350 View Post
Sir Nuke I basically put my setup together after yours lol
COOL....now I know for sure how mine will run when I jump to 48v down the road.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:25 PM   #10
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Sir Nuke how much did your battery life decrease after the Raptor swap? Im curious how much range ill lose now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO