lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: SR-48400 less 'reactive' then the AXE?

The SR control is not less responsive. It is so versatile the surface has only been scratched when it comes to to digging up program possibilities.
Try a simply switch from turf to street operation for increased response or a ramp rate increase as Johnnie suggested.
Changing the torque curve as shown can make the cart hard to ease around the garage. If the torque curve is made more aggressive you may want to make the voltage (speed) curve less aggressive.

The FN switch is the best solution to multiple use behavior for the cart. The FN allows for instant program change on the fly by adjusting throttle rate and rpm parameters
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #12
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Dela, I've got the speed control box with my 48500 and love it. I find it useful now, even with a 36v pack that's on its last legs. I'm researching batteries now for my upgrade to 48v and will be really glad I've got it when I get the additional power.

The box itself is a bit "clunky" as far as its size/shape, but I disassembled it and installed the dial right into the dash. It's the skinney knob on the left in the pic.

I haven't hooked my controller up to a computer yet, so no help there. Scotty set it up before shipping it and I like it the way he has it.
Thanks for sharing! After change of programming I am definitely going to need that for the wife and kids. Love where you put it, may have to hide mine so they don't know they can 'turn it to 11'
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #13
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The SR control is not less responsive. It is so versatile the surface has only been scratched when it comes to to digging up program possibilities.
Try a simply switch from turf to street operation for increased response or a ramp rate increase as Johnnie suggested.
Changing the torque curve as shown can make the cart hard to ease around the garage. If the torque curve is made more aggressive you may want to make the voltage (speed) curve less aggressive.

The FN switch is the best solution to multiple use behavior for the cart. The FN allows for instant program change on the fly by adjusting throttle rate and rpm parameters
Thanks Scotty! Will probably be ordering the FN from you soon - love the new controller.

On a side note - when I re-wired all I noticed I had the middle terminal of the FNR switch of SW202 going direct to pack positive instead of to solenoid positive as you have listed on diagram. I think I may have toasted the AXE by doing so - it's a theory but I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. I think the controller was getting CONSTANT voltage 24/7/365
Old 01-13-2017, 11:58 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
ok - so plugged in - program is very easy to use, true plug and play. Not quite sure of all available mods yet but played with throttle control and got rid of the lag. Some pics of program screen as requested by Johnnie....
I take it the 12.5% Throttle Rate was the setting as received.
What % did you end up at?

IIRC, you have to select Throttle Linearization on the Tools drop-down menu to get the tab to appear. (Check out the drop-down menus, more good stuff in them)

Attached are screenshots of how Scotty has the throttle linearization set on his 42V PDS cart and the way I have it set on mine.

Thank your for the pictures. The screens for the SR are very different than those for a XCT, but SR are very different controllers. However there are some adjustments they have in common. Looks like the Toolkit program identifies the type controller attached and displays the proper screens for it.

FWIW: If you want to save a picture of the screen and don't have a camera of smartphone handy, press the "Print Scrn" button on the keyboard. That saves a screen capture to the clipboard, which can be pasted into Paint, or similar, program and saved as a JPG.

Another nice thing that can be done with a laptop is saving a data log while driving the cart. All sorts of good info about how many amps are being drawn, what the battery pack voltage is at the time and how hot the controller is getting.
Attached Images
File Type: png throttle curves 6-1.2.png (38.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Throttle Linearization - JBB.jpg (164.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

True to form, when the series control and the sepex control are programmed to the same settings like a common throttle rate. They will yeild different results.
The SR default throttle rate is 50% which I hear is just too froggy for most users. I have set it as high as 70% in my R&D cart just to see the results, I thought it totally unusable except for the race track Again for the track you could shorten the ramp length so 30% of the travel was 100% of the rate if needed.

Most people are looking to soften the start and yet maintain the top speed. This is how I set and ship them

If the pedal is lagging - you may want to jack a tire off the deck, plug in the laptop, open monitoring and observe the throttle % while you depress the pedal. You may need a mechanical ITS plunger adjustment if the pedal travel is excessive before signal starts to register.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #16
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Ok - so played with the settings today - THIS THING IS COOL! -

Got it just right for my taste, amazing that you can do this. Nice fast but smooth take off with 100% torque at 60% throttle. It moves and is smooth with nice torque right where I need it climbing out of waste bunkers and OB

Took some shots if anyone is interested in duplicating. Throttle at 50%

If you're thinking of swapping out your AXE - Do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0979.jpg (184.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0980.jpg (198.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #17
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

JohhnieB - have to use my wife's computer for the Toolkit - I'm a Mac Guy - thus iphone pics
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO