lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
Bundi
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Executioner and Alltrax XCT 500 settings?

Hello, I have been lurking here for a while trying to figure out a decent upgrade for speed and torque in my 2010 CC. I finally decided on the Plum Quick Executioner and an Alltrax XCT 500 speed controller and ultimate got everything working with the help of Robbie and searching these forums. Everything seems to be working properly, but I have a few questions.
I was thinking that I could get about 30mph out of this set up, along with better torque, but the cart peaks out about 24mph on flat ground. According to an online calculator, 6,000 rpm, 11.8 gear ratio and 20” tires it should be getting close to 30mph.
Plum Quick says the motor can be run at 6000 RPM max and that is what mode 2 is set for in the toolkit. When I monitor the RPM’s while at 100% throttle it will reach 5,300, but then slow back to 5,100 and then stays there. I have tried to set both Max RPM levels to 6,000 and even tried 7,000, but it always does the same thing?
The only way I can get past the 24mph is to uncheck the box “Enable Speed limit” and it will then go 28-29 mph on flat ground, but then when I look at the monitor tab it will not show the active RPM’s? I am afraid of causing motor damage with this setting since I cannot tell the RPMs. Can anyone explain this or suggest any changes to these settings that would increase speed or torque for performance “Mode 2”?
See below:

Thanks,
Derek
image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

Last edited by Bundi; 07-08-2017 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Pics
Bundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Executioner and Alltrax XCT 500 settings?

Hi Derek, Welcome to BGW.
FYI, your pics are not showing.
Try setting regen to zero and rpm to 6000 & see if that speeds you up.
Cart gear ratio is 12.44:1
30 mph on 20" tires should be about 6270 rpms?
Or 28.7 mph at 6000 rpms

I use http://www.advanced-ev.com/Calculators/TireSize/

I'm using the FSIP Speed motor in a 2014 Precedent
With stock tires it's reaching 26 mph at 6000 rpms
Or with 20s = 28.7 at 6000
But I've been know to ease the rpms up a bit more at times.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #3
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Not sure this applies to you but something I noticed with my FNKS external control dials. It adjusts throttle and RPM along with Regen. If you have one, set the minimum and maximum to the same value on throttle and RPM to avoid any interaction from the Regen dial.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #4
Bundi
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Or 28.7 mph at 6000 rpms

Check the pics again, I think I fixed them.
I have the FNKS module and have turned regen all the way off on the knob and it is definitely quicker that way. Do I still need to change something in the alltrax software to get regen to zero?
28 mph would be good if I can get there but it is definitely controller throttling back when it gets to 5,300 rpms
Old 07-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #5
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundi View Post
Check the pics again, I think I fixed them.
I have the FNKS module and have turned regen all the way off on the knob and it is definitely quicker that way. Do I still need to change something in the alltrax software to get regen to zero?
28 mph would be good if I can get there but it is definitely controller throttling back when it gets to 5,300 rpms
I'm not sure if the Regen dial has an inverse relationship or not to RPM and Throttle. That is why I set the minimum and maximum the same on them.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #6
Bundi
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
I'm not sure if the Regen dial has an inverse relationship or not to RPM and Throttle. That is why I set the minimum and maximum the same on them.
So the setting "Max Regen armature amps" both of those fields have 64 amps in them?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you tried clearing the autocal on the throttle. If not, try clearing it so that it can reset again. Just a thought. Also, on your middle picture, what is the 4500 speed setting that is shown for User 2? I have only set up one of the FNKS units and that was 6 months ago. I don't remember all the nuances of the FNKS. You might try running it without the FNKS connected and see if there are any differences in your top speed. Just hunting and pecking....
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:09 PM   #8
Bundi
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Or 28.7 mph at 6000 rpms

Set both numbers in "Max regen armature amps" to Zero?
Old 07-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #9
Bundi
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Have you tried clearing the autocal on the throttle. If not, try clearing it so that it can reset again. Just a thought. Also, on your middle picture, what is the 4500 speed setting that is shown for User 2? I have only set up one of the FNKS units and that was 6 months ago. I don't remember all the nuances of the FNKS. You might try running it without the FNKS connected and see if there are any differences in your top speed. Just hunting and pecking....
I have not tried to reset the autocal but that is a good idea. The user 2 is just the FNKS selection ( there is N, 1, 2). each is customizable. Not sure why the 4,500, but the max is 6,000 so I assumed it would reach that before stopping...that is just the settings it came programmed with?
I have set both of those numbers as high as they will go (8,000 I think) but still stops before 6,000
Old 07-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #10
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundi View Post
I have not tried to reset the autocal but that is a good idea. The user 2 is just the FNKS selection ( there is N, 1, 2). each is customizable. Not sure why the 4,500, but the max is 6,000 so I assumed it would reach that before stopping...that is just the settings it came programmed with?
I have set both of those numbers as high as they will go (8,000 I think) but still stops before 6,000
I've been trying to tell you that the Throttle and RPM settings are tied to the Regen dial on the FNKS. Set the Throttle and RPM min and max to the same. That way it is independent of the Regen dial.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car