lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default Will Coil Overs fix my ride quality?

Driving on the in laws land this weekend and some of the bumps/terrain hurt!

What’s the best way to soften the ride quality?

It’s currently just running the stock suspension with the stock 4” lift that came on it, 2007 EZGO ST350 2+2. 2 leaf springs up front and 4 leaf in the rears. Haven’t removed the shocks, but seem to compress very easy by just rocking the body side to side.

I’ve got it looking how I wanted, just need the engine and ride to get where it needs to be as well.

If coil overs aren’t the answer, then what is? After market lift kit? What air pressure should I run in the tires?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 769BC3FE-6637-4687-A496-5554C44B8C58.jpg (179.4 KB, 0 views)
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default Re: Will Coil Overs fix my ride quality?

Follow up, never checked the air pressure in the tires since they got to delivered, they’re 22x12’s and are all 24-25psi.

Guessing they came filled to 25psi

What should I run?
Old 04-02-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

8 or 10 pounds would give you a softer ride. You can run those ATV tires practically flat.
Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:26 PM   #4
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Swap out the stock four leaf springs for dual rate springs. They will have a fourth leaf too but it will be shaped so it doesn't interact with the rest of the spring pack until the first three leaves are compressed further.

If it were me I would design my own dual rate rear springs at my local spring shop. Give the top three leaves more arch (since they are softer than four leaves) and an overload leaf that is relatively flat.

There are no off the shelf kits to make the rear leaf spring suspension more compliant. Some members have solved the problem with some well engineered four or three link rear suspension with coil over shocks or air shocks. $$$$$
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:49 PM   #5
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsworth View Post
8 or 10 pounds would give you a softer ride. You can run those ATV tires practically flat.
I never would’ve guessed that low.....here I was thinking 15-18psi lol. Tires say 20psi operating pressure
Old 04-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #6
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
Swap out the stock four leaf springs for dual rate springs. They will have a fourth leaf too but it will be shaped so it doesn't interact with the rest of the spring pack until the first three leaves are compressed further.

If it were me I would design my own dual rate rear springs at my local spring shop. Give the top three leaves more arch (since they are softer than four leaves) and an overload leaf that is relatively flat.

There are no off the shelf kits to make the rear leaf spring suspension more compliant. Some members have solved the problem with some well engineered four or three link rear suspension with coil over shocks or air shocks. $$$$$
Appreciate the insight on the dual rate springs, sounds like a more affordable option.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:38 PM   #7
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think mine say 20 psi too but I run them at 10.
Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:46 AM   #8
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tires will have two pressures listed on the sidewall. Neither is a recommendation for what operating pressure you should use. The higher number is the maximum pressure used when seating the bead after mounting. The other pressure is the maximum operating pressure. You have to determine what pressure works best for your driving style and weight.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:18 AM   #9
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post

These are the two sets i’m Looking at...neither are 4 leaf

https://m.golfcartking.com/item/39383333

https://m.golfcartking.com/item/39383238
Old 04-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #10
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just got the $96 pair and like them. But they are HD all the time. The dual action may be what you want.

The HD are fine for me but I have driven 4wd trucks with larger tires since 1981.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO