lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
OneTuscani
Not Yet Wild

Default Harley Gas to Electric Help!

I recently purchased a older Harley Davidson 3 Wheel golf cart for 50 bucks. I was gas but was switched to Electric. The Electric motor says its Amd/Harley so Im assuming they just took the electric motor out of another electric Harley model. Anyways I know nothing about electric engines or anything.3 batteries are 3 years old(Interstate 6v) and 3 were bought last year(Trojen T-105) The guy I bought this from said it worked great till he put the new batteries in and he is a little odd. Well I got to looking and there are some batteries that go + to - and some that go - to +? What is the proper way to hook Six-6v batteries up to get 36v? I am getting a volt meter tomorrow to test all the batteries and silonoids, but the batteries just dont look right hooked up the way they are. Also there was so much corrosion on the cables I'm thinking I just got a good deal after I clean all the cables. It holds a charge for about 1/2 mile and then its done. Also 1 of the ground cables was not connected!
OneTuscani is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Harley Gas to Electric Help!

tte':LSjmef'
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
OneTuscani
Not Yet Wild

What the heck is "tte':LSjmef'" Anybody got any advice? My understanding is #1 from motor to + on bat 1 then + to - till the 6th bat, then the neg on that to the motor?
Old 06-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

The batts should be hook to where the neg. on one, goes to the pos on the next batt in line, and it's neg. goes to the pos. of the next batt in line. and so on till you get to the end.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
OneTuscani
Not Yet Wild

Well I'm completly confused then. Keep in mind I just bought this and did not arrange these batteries this way. Some of my batteries go - to + then some of them go + to +? When charging it only holds a charge for about 1/2" then dead. Im assuming this thing is all wired wrong. Forward and reverse work just fine, the guy I bought it from said the batteries we bought last year, 4 trojen t-105 and 2 interstates(I dont know if I belive him. I found a wiring diagram and am wondering if it wouldnt just be better to tare it down and re wire everything right. Im just confused on how the batteries have not blown unless there is another way of connecting them? My wiring diagram also shows them going from + to - and so on so either im guessing Im not even using half my batteries they way its currently rigged.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:25 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

A pic might help. On the ones that are pos to pos , wheres the neg going?
It is possible to reverse the polarity in a battery like that, you just have to kill it off and charge it up backwards. I would not of wanted to been around when they were doing it and i'm sure it would totally screw up the battery.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #7
OneTuscani
Not Yet Wild

I will get some pictures tonight and post them up.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #8
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
tte':LSjmef'
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson