lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2020, 04:45 AM   #1
clevelandpat
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car creeps

Hey all. I have a 1990 club car ds resistor cart. It was running fine and this weekend I charged the batteries and the cart just barely creeps along. Battery bank is about 38 volt. No dropage at solenoid all connections good. I did notice that when I backed out of garage moved forward back and forth than I connected charger again the metered nearly pegged to 30 then drop to 0 in about 5 minutes. Thanks for any help.
clevelandpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2020, 06:38 PM   #2
clevelandpat
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car creeps

Hey all. Thanks for your time. I really need some help in the battery /operating cable installation on this cart. My retired neighbor lady bought this 1990 36 v cart converted to 3-12 volt batteries. She claims it worked fine for a bit now it barely creeps along after charged. I feel it's not getting full current to motor but I'm just a diesel mechanism. I'd truly appreciate any help in a diagram--- 1990 Club Car DS 36v...thanks.
clevelandpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #3
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

what kind of 12 volt batteries ? and 3 12 volts will be horrible for any kind of range even if they are golf cart batteries.... you need to load test the batteries and see how far they drop....

should be wired like that , except maybe the key switch

make sure all connections are tight and no broken coils....may have to look in the vglide also....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VdlideWiringcolor.jpg (60.6 KB, 0 views)
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:14 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

What Budule said. Check those things.

I'm not making a 100% conclusion but what you describe sounds like worn out/no good batteries that were not optimal to start with. Also, what does "worked fine for a bit" mean? A day, week, month, 2 years?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car