lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #22
lmswest
Gone Wild

Default Re: went through puddle and now it won't run

Not familiar with ez go but I just got my club car and in the process of cleaning it up over the last few weeks I pressure washed everything under the seat and foolishly forgot to disconnect the batteries and had a no go condition after. What I did was use a leaf blower on EVERYTHING with wires on it and afterward sprayed ALL connections with wd-40 .. It was originally designed to displace water on electrical parts, not as a lubricant (water displacement test -40) first 39 times failed apparently.. let it sit for a few hours and all was well..

Not saying you didnt burn something up, you may have. But its worth a try.
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #23
BluJnBaby
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Imswest. I will try the blower and WD-40 tomorrow when all of the mosquitoes have gone to bed. I dunno though. It seems after 10 days it would be dry. hmmm.

After punching in my Serial number at: http://www.shopezgo.com/common/templ...ialnumber.aspx , I have discovered that I have: Model Year: 2000 Make/Model: TXT Standard

This appears to be the manual for my cart:

http://bennettgolfcars.ca/manuals/ez...0TXT%20PDS.pdf

I purchased a volt meter and began testing, but am not sure where to test, beyond the solonoid (which clicks when pedal is pressed)... any suggestions? Anybody?

Here is a pic of the "micro switch" on the "direction selector". does that look bad to anyone?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

post from Simple Man:
"I'm not sure what you are describing as a limit switch, could you be meaning the F-R selector? There are things in it that ( remotely ) look like a fuse. It is a manual contactor. If the components look black, I would say it has overheated and the connections have broken. I have had to replace this on my EZGO before. Please post up a pic of it so we'll know we're on the same page! "

So, they look black in that picture above. Do you know where I can order one of those plugs?
BluJnBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #24
BluJnBaby
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

so, what is the most common component to fail/burn out/short out after going through a puddle? Maybe I should put the volt meter on that first.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #25
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluJnBaby View Post
so, what is the most common component to fail/burn out/short out after going through a puddle? Maybe I should put the volt meter on that first.
I think it could be anything and even the controller. You would have thought if it just needed to dry out it would have by now.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #26
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The plug in the photo in post #23 can be eliminated. Sorry, I do not know where to get one. I cut both plugs off mine and connected the wires with waterproof crimp connectors. Has worked great.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #27
BluJnBaby
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok, so the plug isn't it. thx for the reply simple man. today i blew the living daylights out of it with my commercial blower and sprayed wd 40 on all of the connectors where the speed controller is (bigger box) and also where the f-r components are (smaller box) and on all of the battery terminals just for the hell of it. I added water to all of the batteries just because they needed it and slapped it back on the charger. All of the batteries are reading week now and the charger will not kick in. Go figure. I called The Golf Car guy for help and will probably haul it up there when he calls.
:( $$$ :( .cc :( $$$ :( .cc

on a positive note: I did hear the reverse buzzer come on every time I put it in reverse today. Previously, it would come on only when it wanted to. I hear thunder... better go cover it up.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #28
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmswest View Post
Not familiar with ez go but I just got my club car and in the process of cleaning it up over the last few weeks I pressure washed everything under the seat and foolishly forgot to disconnect the batteries and had a no go condition after. What I did was use a leaf blower on EVERYTHING with wires on it and afterward sprayed ALL connections with wd-40 .. It was originally designed to displace water on electrical parts, not as a lubricant (water displacement test -40) first 39 times failed apparently.. let it sit for a few hours and all was well..

Not saying you didnt burn something up, you may have. But its worth a try.
Not every one knows that about WD-40. It was indeed Water Displacement test/formula 40. Invented to spray inside the distributers of military jeeps for water crossings.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:54 AM   #29
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Not every one knows that about WD-40. It was indeed Water Displacement test/formula 40. Invented to spray inside the distributers of military jeeps for water crossings.
Not fully true was made by NASA contractor as a moisture, lub in space but was not accepted but found it had outher uses.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #30
BluJnBaby
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So, dropped my cart off at "The Golf Car Place" and they have determined that it is the speed controller. They wanted almost 1000 to fix it. I told them no, I'll come and pick it up.

I found a controller on one of the sites listed within this thread for 225 bucks and will attempt to swap it out myself. Should be plug and play right?

Anybody know the link to that site for golf car parts?

Thanks for everyone's help,

Jane
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car