lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
transam
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation g2 problems

whenever I press the gas it just put along and backfires but with the choke on it travels nicely another member suggested I adjust the mixture screw but i have no idea where its at i really want this solved please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
ace_ripper
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: g2 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by transam View Post
whenever I press the gas it just put along and backfires but with the choke on it travels nicely another member suggested I adjust the mixture screw but i have no idea where its at i really want this solved please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By using the choke you are restricting air flow through the carb. This suggests that for some reason you are running far to lean, needing the choke to further restrict air intake. The most common reasons for this are lack of seal in the airbox, i.e. missing / bad airbox straps, cracks in the airbox / intake hose / carb joint/spacer. Could also be improper air / fuel needle adjustment. The air / fuel needle is the small Phillips head screw on the carb with a spring over it. The one going directly into the carb body, NOT the one that pushes on the metal tab that moves when you push the gas pedal, that's your 'idle' screw.

Once you find the air/fuel mix screw you should also pull it all the way out and inspect it. It should have a nice smooth cone shape to it at the end. If there is a "ring" looking dent or worse yet it's bent you will need to replace it. I added a pic of a BAD one here. Very bad. Every kind of bad. This is absolutely FUBAR.

Sabercat was steering you in the right direction on your other post.

See my PM to you. That should resolve the vast majority of your questions / concerns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1285.jpg (50.2 KB, 10 views)
ace_ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
87cartny
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: g2 problems

I just went through the same problem with my G2, It would not run without the choke on and I went throught the whole airbox, new airfilter and prefilter, new air box straps, made sure it was sealing right but it still needed the choke to run. The fix was to go with a bigger main jet, I drilled my main jet alittle at a time and now it runs perfect!! I believe my problem is the E-10 gasoline we have here.
87cartny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha