lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
woodyoda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default low fuel pressure

87 ezgo. 244cc robins engine. low fuel pressure. how can i check for worn crankcase seals?
woodyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #2
krstutzman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: low fuel pressure

On this 4 cycle engine, if you had seals leaking, you would experience an oil leak. Fuel pressure is only supplied at about 1psi by a diaphragm pump. Disconnect the fuel line from the carburetor, put the line into a container, and with the transmission in neutral or a wheel jacked off the ground, crank the engine over. If you have good fuel flow but the engine is starving for gas, you have either a stuck float needle valve, or a plugged main jet. If you have little or no fuel flow, check the pulse hose from the crankcase for a crack or blockage,or the suction hose from the tank for a hole or crack causing the pump to suck air. If all checks good, replace the fuel pump.
krstutzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

On the 2PG engine low fuel pressure is one of the indications of worn crankshaft seals. I suggest that you grab hold of you clutch and try to move it up and down. If you feel any movement then your bearings are shot and that will take out the rear seal. If you have no movement then jack up the rear wheels and get someone to start and keep the engine running at about 1000 rpm. Now squirt some WD40 or similar onto the rear seal. If the engine speed or noise changes the seal is shot. It is impossible to do this to the front seal and unfortunately the only way is to visually inspect it. To do that you need to pull the engine and if you are going to do that then you might as well change them anyway. However you should bear in mind that if the bearings are worn new seals will die very quickly.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
woodyoda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the info on my low fuel pressure. here's a new one. i have side to side movement on the flywheel side, none on the clutch side. i want to replace both seals anyway. how do i get the clutch off
thanks,
woodyoda
Old 04-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
woodyoda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i forgot to tell you , it's an 87 ezgo , 244 cc 2 cycle
Old 04-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

to remove the clutch you will to buy a puller or make one. this one uses a 3/4 fine thread bolt and a 3 1/2 inch 5/8 rod. pull the center bolt and check to be sure the bolt will go in..you might have rusty threads and might need a 3/4 tap to clean them. then spray some pb blaster or similar, insert the rod then the bolt. be sure you have more than just a couple of turns on the bolt before it hits the rod. then just tighten. best to use an impact. this was on a 3pg, but i think they are the same.
they are taped together so as not to be lost so easily the rod is a piece of 5/8 rebar, trimmed a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0052.jpg (91.7 KB, 5 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO