lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Not a tech thread, just a warning, hahaha

So for those of you who think golf carts are totally safe, be warned that anything can happen - my other half jumped out of the cart earlier this week before it stopped (literally maybe 3-4mph, no biggie) and slid in the wet grass, 5 ankle fractures, broken tibia, fibia, 2 surgeries (so far), 2 screws, plate, 2 pins, wire cage - and what looks like 12-14 weeks of recovery (if all goes well)...

Let's be careful out there!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Not a tech thread, just a warning, hahaha

WOW that really sucks .......sorry to hear that sounds like whatever could break broke.............i tell people all the time when their kids are doing that in the camp ground and they think its a joke so i,m gonna print this out and make some copies................again sorry to hear this.................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
So for those of you who think golf carts are totally safe, be warned that anything can happen - my other half jumped out of the cart earlier this week before it stopped (literally maybe 3-4mph, no biggie) and slid in the wet grass, 5 ankle fractures, broken tibia, fibia, 2 surgeries (so far), 2 screws, plate, 2 pins, wire cage - and what looks like 12-14 weeks of recovery (if all goes well)...

Let's be careful out there!

Wow,I wish her a speedy recovery.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'm at work, but I'll post a few pics later tonight if you guys want to use them as, ahem, "instructional material" .... pretty much a total drag, they're figuring in 2 weeks they will pull the wires and cast it, then 4-6 weeks and a walking cast for another 4-6, then therapy, etc depending on how it heals ... Thanks for the well wishes!
Old 05-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

BCM, real sorry to hear that. We have had some issues over here a couple years ago as well.
Wish her nothing but the best!
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ouch... hope for a speedy recovery. You didn't perhaps run over her with the cart while you were stopping did you ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Hope they get here fixed up!

Weve had 2 people get hurt on mine. It can happen easy!
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #9
Phillip
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Best wishes, for a speedy recovery!!
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #10
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

LOL - nope, missed her by a mile !!! I'll get the pics up pretty fast, there's a ton more to the story though, first, the rescue couldn't find our house (we're about a mile off the nearest road) so once we heard the sirens stop down the road we figured they were lost (score 1 for having the cart to go retrieve them, they were trying to get into the neighbors house - noone home, of course - as they thought the 911 came from there and someone was non-responsive inside) ... THEN, out of all the possible paths to the woods / trails that they could take, the ambulance decides to head across the part of the front yard that was flooded all spring and went in to the axles (cue second ambulance) - net result, just over an hour from the 911 to the actual ambulance ride !!! I stuck around while they proceeded to winch the first rig out of my yard (instead of pulling it back OUT of the soft stuff, they decided to pull it the rest of the way through, bad plan) - just a really , REALLY bad day.

On a lighter note, just for fun I had this sign made up over the weekend as a "get well" present - should be here in a couple of days (glad she can't catch me right now with the bum leg, I'm just worried about going to sleep, hahaha)

Drawing1.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO