lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
JRoweMDN
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 ez go looking for parts

New guy here. I have a 1991 ez go utility body with 295 4 stroke. The motor was rebuilt several years ago. The motor runs strong but will run hot. I am getting ready to replace the fuel lines and filter. The cart seems to run a little lean and there is definately a fuel leak. It does have plenty of fuel coming out of the pump. Any other suggestions to look at while I am working on the fuel lines?

I need a new starter belt does anyone have a Dayco number? I cannot read any on the belt.

Next the body has some rust on the bed. The body looks like a solid unit but is there multiple pieces? Can you get a rear seat flip bed for this? The model number on the tag is ext 800.

I am going to go through the suspension next and I am sure I will have more questions. I already put a new steering gear in and fixe the slop in the steering but it surely needs more parts.
JRoweMDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 1991 ez go looking for parts

Might want to pull the blower shroud and check the cooling fins.

Hope it doesnt look like this.

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

they make a nice cart. this is an 89 with a 2cycle in it. don't think anyone makes a rear seat for one, but you probably could fab one up. i like the tilt bed tho, as makes it easy to work on the engine. the kids just pile in the back.
check with a sponsor like everything carts or most anyone for your belt.
and welcome. you will have fun with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01351.jpg (234.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01381.jpg (153.4 KB, 6 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
JRoweMDN
Not Yet Wild

My bed does not tilt and has some rot. Do any other bodies bolt up?

I have not pulled the shroud. How hard is it to get off? Do I have to remove the pulley? I guess I can order the belt but o hate to pay as much shipping as parts. I will definitely hit the sponsors for some parts for the suspension and maybe a clutch upgrade.

What about a roof? Anybody make them or do I just need to fab up supports and get a stock roof?
Old 05-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

do you have any pictures? i guess you could put a regular marathon body on it, but they don't make seats for that either. a later model body will not fit your frame without some mods.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
JRoweMDN
Not Yet Wild

I will try to get some pics up. It looks almost exactly like yours photos, but my bed does not dump. I have some rust along the bed at the area where the seat back is and I have no idea if it bolts on as panels or is welded.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

look under the seat. you should find two nuts securing the front of the bed. take these off and it should lift. there should also be two hinges at the rear of the frame for the bed.
this pic is not the one i showed, but you get the idea. this one has an electric assist of some sort.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_7505.jpg (199.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
JRoweMDN
Not Yet Wild

Did a little carb cleaning and tuning yesterday with the help of a neighbor and it appears to have fixed the overheating problems. Compression was 185 and 190. New fuel lines and filter are this weekend.

I did not find the bolts so I do not think my bed tilts but I think I can take the panels apart and make new ones.

I am attaching pics in all its glory and rot.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

i think that's a keeper. certainly a lot better starting point than the one we worked on. this also shows what lifts on this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00696.jpg (190.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
JRoweMDN
Not Yet Wild

I see now that the sides and all lift. I will do some more checking on that. If I get it running right next I am going into the suspension. The body is rough but not falling apart. The suspension is badly in need of some TLC to get it riding decent again. Also if I leave the cheesy "Hunting is bad to the bone" on the side my wife refuses to drive it around so the longer I leave it the less likely she will snatch it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO