lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Default Help identifying part

I have a 2001 TXT with a 295. There is a small brass (I think) fitting that attaches the end of the choke cable to the carburetor. This fitting on my cart is cracked in half. Does anyone know what this part is called? I was just going to order a new choke cable, but it seems that new cables don't come with this part attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to order a replacement. Thanks a lot.
rjwenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help identifying part

I believe you're referring to the cable ferrule, but a pic would help confirm ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Thanks for the help. I haven't got a picture, but that's what it is. Would you (or anyone else) know where I might be able to order a replacement?
rjwenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

What I would do is hit up a local garden/farm supply, those ferrules are common to many different applications (throttle cables, choke cables, etc) and most of the supply houses will have a drawer or two of assorted sizes - hopefully you have the old one or at least enough of it to match up the threads size-wise (or perhaps you could just unbolt the bracket if it comes off and take it with you ???)

I don't know if there is one in your area, but True Value Hardware stores also have a good selection of cable stays, ferrules, etc - between the two you should have no problem finding one (other than a little footwork)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO