lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Sams Club Stanley Charger

Sam's Club has a charger with plugs for several carts including Club Car for $99, has anyone bought one? Any comments on the quality? Thinking of buying one and thought I would check here first.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Sams Club Stanley Charger

Based on the reviews on the Sam's Club site, it seems that almost all are pleased with the unit. If using the CC plug, you would probably have to disconnect the OBC from the system . . . wait for better minds to opine on that . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yeah if you have to bypass the OBC than??? you gotta ask yourself if thats what you want to do.......i,m not a big fan of OBC,s but when they are working i don,t think theres anything better for charging your batteries, i know its sams club but when you consider that a good charger runs from 250.00 to 500.00 you have to ask what are you really getting for 99.00 ...............just my opinion on it and since i have never used one thats all it is ......is an opinion.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

I've used High Frequency Chargers on my bass boats for years and they work great, lightweight and I don't get boiling like with a ferro-resonant style charger. What I was wondering if this charger would work without disconnecting the OBC. Just looking to see if anyone has tried it.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
I've used High Frequency Chargers on my bass boats for years and they work great, lightweight and I don't get boiling like with a ferro-resonant style charger. What I was wondering if this charger would work without disconnecting the OBC. Just looking to see if anyone has tried it.
I think that the CC chargers are "intelligent" chargers, ie, the OBC can communicate with it . . . probably why they cost more . . . ???
Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

stick with what come with the cart. i think those chargers only put out maybe 9-10 amps. IF that.
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcartthing View Post
stick with what come with the cart. i think those chargers only put out maybe 9-10 amps. IF that.
They claim it can put out 20 amps in Rapid Charge . . . what would scare me off about it is country of origin . . . China . . .
Old 12-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you don't have a charger that works then get it. It will be better than letting all your batteries die. Bypassing the OBC is easy. I used a 10G double splicer. You can get them at any auto store and about 2' of 10g wire and a terminal ring to fit your battery post. Try it and if it doesn't work, remove the bypass and take the charger back. Here are some instructions.

http://www.lvssales.com/ComputerInstructions.pdf
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

i guess put it this way. spent 380 on the real deal, or 99 for a chance. these chargers Would i have one for my personal cart? no. Would i use it in a pinch? yes. the bad thing is, when they break, they are usually un repairable. just my .02
Old 12-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
They claim it can put out 20 amps in Rapid Charge . . . what would scare me off about it is country of origin . . . China . . .
probably at 6v. at 48v? more like 6
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car