lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
mrp116
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 ds

Hello, new member, first time poster.

I'm going to be picking up a 2004 DS 48v this weekend with the serial number starting with AQ. It seems to run well; my wife drove it all weekend last weekend (purchasing from a family member). We know we need a few things right away.

First, we are going to replace the tires and rims. Is it okay to purchase the generic tire/rim combo from Amazon, or should we look for something else?

Second, we need a back seat kit. Any suggestions for that?

Third, we are going to replace the windshield, as the current one is cracked. Again, any suggestions?

Lastly, anything in general I/we should be looking for? This is our first cart and we know nothing. The owner says the current batteries have been tested (if possible) and are at 75% of their life cycle.

Thanks
mrp116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp116 View Post
Hello, new member, first time poster.

I'm going to be picking up a 2004 DS 48v this weekend with the serial number starting with AQ. It seems to run well; my wife drove it all weekend last weekend (purchasing from a family member). We know we need a few things right away.

First, we are going to replace the tires and rims. Is it okay to purchase the generic tire/rim combo from Amazon, or should we look for something else?

Second, we need a back seat kit. Any suggestions for that?

Third, we are going to replace the windshield, as the current one is cracked. Again, any suggestions?

Lastly, anything in general I/we should be looking for? This is our first cart and we know nothing. The owner says the current batteries have been tested (if possible) and are at 75% of their life cycle.

Thanks
. . . first of all to BGW . . .

1. Tires/rims - many combos, many sources . . shop within your budget . .

2. Back seat - same as #1 - I purchased mine from Trademark Carts . . nice seat kit . . relatively easy install . . 2 years old and holding up well . .

3. Windshield - same as #1 - I have no suggestions for a source as I have not had to replace mine . . someone here will be able to give advice on that though . .

4. Current owner is a family member, and if you can't trust them, who can you trust?

. . . good luck and most of all, have fun . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 ds

Welcome MRP..I agree with Steve shop around for best prices for the wheels, tires, back seat and windshield checkout our site sponsors as most offer some sort of discount for members and also checkout parts for sale section here and might find a good deal.Good luck and be sure to post pics when you can.
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car