lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #1
DVUSDP
Not Yet Wild

Default DCX400 fwd/rev issues

I have a 97 EZGO TXT 36v cart with stock controller that works in fwd and rev. I upgraded to the DCX400 because of how bad the stock controllers are. At the same time I upgraded my battery cables to 2 gauge and new solenoid, doide and resister.With the DCX installed, LED blinks 5 times then goes solid green,no matter in fwd or rev, it only goes in rev. Put stock controller back in and cart works fine.
DVUSDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #2
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Series cart?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCX400 fwd/rev issues

Both the stock DCS and the DCX controllers default to forward and have to be told to go into reverse.

Voltage on Pin-4 (Orange wire) of the 10 pin plug is what tells them to go into reverse, so check for voltage there when in Forward or Neutral.

If it is much above 0V when not in Reverse, the DCX may be more sensitive at Pin-4 than the stock DCS is.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

5 red blinks = filed short?
I don't know why the Alltrax control would sense this condition and the OEM work fine.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:11 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I guess I overlooked the 5 blinks and only saw the steady green part.

He didn't mention what color the 5 blinks were, but they did occur before the solid green, so they would be throttle type ID if they are green.

The Controller-Pro manual only list 3 throttle types, but the throttle type screen shows 8 and the order they are displayed on the screen doesn't match the blinks code listed in the manual, so which one 5 green blinks is, isn't apparent.

Connect a laptop and select the EZGO ITS throttle and see if that cures the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX Error Codes.jpg (232.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Throttle types.jpg (90.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO