lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2022, 02:21 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 EZGO TXT48 Cart shudders but no movement

It's very possible that the solenoid has failed and that is the one thing you have not changed out yet. Shuddering is a good indication that the solenoid isn't closing and the voltage is dropping out as soon as the motor tries to turn.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2022, 02:30 PM   #12
wmacree0807
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Have you tried running the cart while it is on jack stands to see if the wheels will spin with no weight on them? It seems like based off your original post like you might not be getting voltage to both fields.

I am not sure if this is controlled by the controller or the solenoid however. In your OP I do not see any mention of you doing anything with the solenoid at all correct?
Correct. I will change out the solenoid and see if that fixes it.
I’ll get back as soon as I find out. Thanks!
wmacree0807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:31 PM   #13
wmacree0807
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
It's very possible that the solenoid has failed and that is the one thing you have not changed out yet. Shuddering is a good indication that the solenoid isn't closing and the voltage is dropping out as soon as the motor tries to turn.
I will change out the solenoid and get back with y’all to see if that fixes it. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2022, 04:13 PM   #14
wmacree0807
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Update: changed out solenoid, still just shudders,

No change at all. Unfortunately.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:17 PM   #15
wmacree0807
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Have you tried running the cart while it is on jack stands to see if the wheels will spin with no weight on them? It seems like based off your original post like you might not be getting voltage to both fields.

I am not sure if this is controlled by the controller or the solenoid however. In your OP I do not see any mention of you doing anything with the solenoid at all correct?
Jacked it up, nothing.

Replaced solenoid, nothing, barely even shudders now. Solenoid clicks but nothing but a slight shudder.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:04 AM   #16
lohki
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2014 RXV I just went through diagnosing similar issues as you. Mine was the speed sensor. I know the TXT speed sensor is different but replacing mine stopped the shuddering and no movement. I made a thread where I kept troubleshooting and throwing parts until finally got it.
lohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:33 AM   #17
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohki View Post
I have a 2014 RXV I just went through diagnosing similar issues as you. Mine was the speed sensor. I know the TXT speed sensor is different but replacing mine stopped the shuddering and no movement. I made a thread where I kept troubleshooting and throwing parts until finally got it.
Sucks when this happens but this might be the case of what the OP needs to do here too. Being you have already replaced the motor I guess this makes sense to checkout as well. Unless the motor you replaced it with was not new or at least known good?
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:26 AM   #18
wmacree0807
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohki View Post
When I replaced the motor I replaced the speed sensor as well, I’ve done that twice now.

Not sure at this point what it is, I wish I knew how to read and what to read at different points on the motor and Controller to see what I’m missing. Cause I have another cart just like this that I can compare against.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:35 AM   #19
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I see you replaced the controller but you didn't state what you replaced it with. Was it a new controller or one of those rebuilt ones? Was it a stock controller or an aftermarket?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cart, ezgo, golf, rxv, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO