lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo brake shoes

I have an Ezgo TXT DCS and think I need some new brake shoes.

I have seen a couple of videos on changing these out and have some questions if someone can help.

1) one video mentioned something about removing a pin on the back side of the hub before taking off the hub. The other video mentions nothing about a pin. Any ideas whatt this is about?

2) there is some sort of adjustor inside the hub. Do you need to mess with that when putting new shoes on?

3) beside getting the brake shoes...Are there any other items I should replace while in there. I hate doing things twice when some of the parts are no too much more money.

Thx

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo brake shoes

Skip....

#1......without seeing the video.....and thinking about the process (I have done a number of brake jobs in my day) but what comes to mind is the "Shoe Clamp Pin", which actually holds the shoes in place.

BRAKE SHOES AND PARTS.jpg

#2. YES there is....it too is in the picture above....and YES you will need to back them off.....this adjuster is what makes our brakes "Self-adjusting" just like all drum brakes have been even on cars/trucks.

#3. Not knowing how old or the condition of your cart.....the only other parts in there that could possibly need replacing would be the springs.

Skip. you need to get yourself a Repair and Service manual (you can find a link to the correct one you need in the stickies). You can find everything you need to do the job in the manual....which is where that picture came from.

Here is the link to the Tech Repair and Service manual from the stickies..... download it and save it.

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO