lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2020, 09:25 AM   #1
Shaggyman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Brake Tool

I have a 2001 Pioneer 1200 Gas Club Car.
Brakes are almost gone, so I removed a drum from the front - came off WAY too easy. There is plenty of material left on the shoes. I'm not at all sure how the self adjusters are supposed to work - manual just says if they require more than 65 inch/ponds they should be replaced.
The adjusters on the forward & rear sides of the plate consist of a (12mm?) bolt, which is recessed so that an open end wrench can't go on it, and one flat of the hex head is obscured by the spindle plate so a socket can't go on.
Manual calls for using Hydraulic Brake Adjuster 102169401, which is a deep socket with a slot in one side to accommodate the plate.
I have been unable to locate such a tool anywhere, after several hours of searching and Googling.
Anyone know where I can get one?
Or should I try to make one by cutting out a socket?
Or cutting a relief in the plate?
ADDENDUM: I finally discovered the automatic adjusters will work - you just have to be going FULL SPEED.
Took it out on the county road, floored it and kept stomping the brake until the pedal came up.
Prior owner neglect. (You should have seen the air filter - the duct below the air box was full of water!)

I'd still like to be able to back off the adjusters to replace brake shoes at some point...
Shaggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car