lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2020, 09:57 AM   #1
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Indoctrinated member

I am an official member of the board now. I failed my initiation, therefore passing the indoctrination!

I read on the board, posted by by the experts, something along the line of you are not experienced until you blow something up!

Let me start by stating electric components are not my strong suite. My professor used to say just learn to work it and the understanding comes later! I'm more if an understanding to learn type!

I hooked up my mini bar light to my dc converter, as instructed. It was getting dark and I wanted to test it when it became night. I got in a hurry and I hooked my relay up to the battery, not the converter. Think to self, converter becomes the 12 volt battery for accessories!

I turned on the key switch and hit the light switch and a flash of light then was gone!

Hopefully is it only a fuse, but I think I got my switches also. Ordered a distribution (fuse) block to properly install the accessories. Since it was only one light my initial thought was to instell the block when more accessories were added.

Hooptmac
Hooptmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2020, 08:58 AM   #2
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Indoctrinated member

Checked switch, relay and light. I fried the light!It was a neat mini bar light.
Can this be repaired? Is it worth tearing apart to see what happened?

Thanks.
Hooptmac
Old 07-14-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Might as well open it up & see. Not like your tearing apart a working unit anyway.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 01:25 PM   #4
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That was my thought also!
Somebody educate me. I have a light harness and I found instruction to hook to a rocker switch that say hook black wire to pin 7. Ok that ground from 85 off the relay.

Then it shows hook white wire to pin 2 witch is the 20 A and this comes from the relay #30, correct?

Next it says hook blue power out wire to pin 3. Is this relay 86 or can you go to positive on your battery (12volt system).

Having a switch to switch a switch confuses me!!! My simple mind can't keep straight witch switch switches witch!
Old 07-14-2020, 03:20 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

What is this pin 1, 2, 7? On what plug? I know standard relays dont have pins with those numbers.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:02 PM   #6
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What is this pin 1, 2, 7? On what plug? I know standard relays dont have pins with those numbers.
On a rocker switch. See attached. The side of the switch says 12/v 24v by pin 3.

Thanks for your help.

The light not working has a different harness, and maybe I am hooking it up incorrectly. It only has one wire that goes to pin 2witch has 20A 10A.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RRS-SPx_with_RS-x_diagram.pdf (894.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-15-2020, 07:13 AM   #7
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I think I worked it out!

Tags
#build, #g22, #yamaha, dc converter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha