lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2020, 11:51 AM   #1
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default High idle air/fuel mixture screw

The title indicates my "guess" at what the screw (also has a spring) at the bottom of the carburetor bowl is called. I read that it should be screwed in all the way and then backed off 1.5 turns? If so, when I unscrewed, it was NOT backed off at all. Maybe this is the reason I'm having issues. I'm once again having sluggish starts with my 2016 G29. In the past, I just removed the bowl, which always has some junk, cleaned it and it would work fine for 2-3 months. Here is what happened that leads me to my second question. When I went to unscrew the bolt holding the bowl, I knocked off the brass "jet", if that's what it's called. How does that brass jet stay in it's cavity in the bowl? I don't see any grooves to screw and the hole is a little oblong for a round jet. If I press hard enough with my thumb, it is a little tough to pull out again. Should I gently tap with a hammer?
1petezrinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2020, 12:54 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: High idle air/fuel mixture screw

The bottom of the bowl has only 2 things, the bolt that attaches the bowl, and a bowl drain, that's it. Bowl drain is supposed to be fully closed, unless fuel pouring out the bottom is the desired effect.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:26 AM   #3
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

After about 5 hours of research last night, I realized that the screw was just a drain. Thanks for confirming. Why does it have a spring? Also, in the picture I attached, what is the brass "fitting" or "jet". This was the piece that I knocked out when unscrewing the bowl cover screw. I pushed it back in it's oval liked cavity but it doesn't look like a perfect fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (90.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-06-2020, 07:33 AM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

It's just a nipple that originally had a short piece of tubing attached...The spring is there to help keep the drain screw closed...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

OK, thanks. Just starting to learn about my golf cart. So, I took off the carb, cleaned it pretty good and I'm still having issues. There was no gas when I pulled off the fuel line (maybe not an issue) and there was no gas in the fuel bowl. The issue is if it sits for more than 5 minutes, I will give it gas and it will hesitate like its not getting gas. The longer it sits the longer it will hesitate. So, overnight it will hesitate on it's first start for maybe 7-8 seconds. If it just sits for 5 minutes (between holes on a golf course), it might hesitate for 2-3 seconds. Once it's running, it's perfect.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:18 AM   #7
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

No gas is fuel bowl should be no gas in carb bowl
Old 09-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #8
1petezrinski
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I'm going to remove fuel line from carb to see if it's my fuel pump.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:48 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Dirt in the idle circuit can make hard starting also.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 06:48 AM   #10
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I have an old atv and was cleaning the fuel tank out two days ago. It's worth mentioning that I found a pretty serious amount of dirt in the bottom of the tank. So, I changed the fuel filter, flushed the lines, and cleaned the carb.

Also on my cart I had an issue with running and starting once. After removing the carb and cleaning it 4 times and still having the same issue, I decided to drain the tank. You wouldn't believe the amount of gunk in there. Also I was using cheap Chinese fuel filters and they were allowing the dirt to get past. I ended up with a new fuel tank and a new glass filter setup.

My point is this. The fuel quality and condition of the carb are possibly the two most important things in an off road machine like an atv and golf cart where the vehicles see lots of dust, mud, dirt, rain, etc that could possibly contaminate the fuel system and/or plug up the carb. Most people don't pay much attention to the fuel and carb, meaning, no regular maintenance to keep them clean.

Always check the fuel quality. Always maintain the cart, change air filter, check air box clamps and connections etc, change fuel filter. Always look at the carb and clean it properly when having issues. That philosophy has never let me down.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha