lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2021, 07:24 AM   #1
sacky07
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas 440a 4K vs 600a 5k

Can someone tell what the performance differences are? Navitas website doesn't really say much and I've searched on hear to no avail. I see there is a $4-500 price difference and the 4k motor looks like it would install without having to remove the shock. What are the speed differences? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
sacky07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2021, 10:25 PM   #2
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Navitas 440a 4K vs 600a 5k

I'm far from an expert on these controllers, but I will tell you what little I know.

The primary different between the 400a and 600a is torque. Whether you need the extra torque will depend upon where you ride - off-road vs. around the hood; hills vs. flat roads; muddy vs. dry ground, for example.

With a stock motor I believe the speed difference in the two is very little. Speed is influenced by several things. Weight of your cart (does it have a rear seat?), tire size and motor are the primary things to consider.

If I am wrong about any of this, one of the forum experts will correct me.

What cart do you own?? Is it 36, 48v or Lithium?

Have you considered a Alltrax controller instead of the Navitas?? Alltrax is my personal choice. Two of the forum sponsors sell the Alltrax and stand behind the product and will help you select the upgrade that is right for your cart! I think this is an important point when ordering online and don't know for sure if you're buying the right product. Also, Alltrax support is excellent should you need to contact them.

Site Sponsors:
ScottyB - www.cartsunlimited.net
David Hicks - www.revolutiongolfcarts

Hope this helps you. Good luck!
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 04:48 AM   #3
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

“Two of the forum sponsors sell the Alltrax and stand behind the product and will help you select the upgrade that is right for your cart!
Site Sponsors:

David also sells the Navitas systems - I’ll be ordering my second one today from him. I’ll also be selling my Alltrax XCT500 and Plum Quick motor if anyone is interested.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:44 AM   #4
SanCircle
Not Yet Wild

I actually just finished install on a kit from Dave @ Revolution. 4kw Navitas AC conversion. Everything needed seemed to have come with the kit, it showed up when he said it would, and he has been very responsive if I have questions. I have absolutely no trouble recommending him for parts and service.
SanCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:48 AM   #5
sacky07
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
I'm far from an expert on these controllers, but I will tell you what little I know.

The primary different between the 400a and 600a is torque. Whether you need the extra torque will depend upon where you ride - off-road vs. around the hood; hills vs. flat roads; muddy vs. dry ground, for example.

With a stock motor I believe the speed difference in the two is very little. Speed is influenced by several things. Weight of your cart (does it have a rear seat?), tire size and motor are the primary things to consider.

If I am wrong about any of this, one of the forum experts will correct me.

What cart do you own?? Is it 36, 48v or Lithium?

Have you considered a Alltrax controller instead of the Navitas?? Alltrax is my personal choice. Two of the forum sponsors sell the Alltrax and stand behind the product and will help you select the upgrade that is right for your cart! I think this is an important point when ordering online and don't know for sure if you're buying the right product. Also, Alltrax support is excellent should you need to contact them.

Site Sponsors:

Hope this helps you. Good luck!
Does alltrax make controller for ac motors? I thought the 4k and 5k in the thread title would clarify that im asking about ac.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:49 AM   #6
sacky07
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
“Two of the forum sponsors sell the Alltrax and stand behind the product and will help you select the upgrade that is right for your cart!
Site Sponsors:

David also sells the Navitas systems - I’ll be ordering my second one today from him. I’ll also be selling my Alltrax XCT500 and Plum Quick motor if anyone is interested.
Does alltrax make controller for ac motors? I thought the 4k and 5k in the thread title would clarify that im asking about ac.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:40 AM   #7
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacky07 View Post
I don't believe they do. The Navitas AC systems come with their own controllers.

I installed the 600A 5kw system in my DS and it's great. It comes with a phone app to monitor and/or program the system, and also has a remote control panel to allow you to adjust throttle and regen braking on the fly.

I liked my Alltrax/Executioner set-up with a RoyPow lithium battery as it allowed me to go 36 mph on level ground all day long. Unfortunately, I have a lot of long hills where I live so my RoyPow was shutting down due to reaching the max discharge limit.

An AC system uses less amps and provides more mileage than DC. That's one of the reasons why I'm switching out the Alltrax for the Navitas. The other reason is that I can run 72 volts with the Navitas, but not with the Alltrax/Executioner setup.

Alltrax and Navitas both have great customer service, and David at Revolution can't be beat!
Old 11-03-2021, 08:48 AM   #8
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I don't really know what the speed or torque difference is, but I always go bigger. If I don't, I know I will always wonder what the bigger/better option would be like and I get disappointed in what I have.

You can send David at Revolution an email and he will be able to tell you the difference.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:16 AM   #9
sacky07
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
I don't really know what the speed or torque difference is, but I always go bigger. If I don't, I know I will always wonder what the bigger/better option would be like and I get disappointed in what I have.

You can send David at Revolution an email and he will be able to tell you the difference.
Thank you for response. I too tend to always go bigger if there is uncertainty lol
Old 11-03-2021, 09:36 AM   #10
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure if you are the person who just asked the same question on Golf Carts Modified forum or the Navitas Forum on Facebook but, here is the answer:

The only difference between the 440a traction inverter and 4kW motor (to the 600a and 5kW) is torque. If you live in Flat Florida and drive on paved roads you won't notice much of a difference. If you want to rocket up a hill go with the 600a and 5kW setup.

Further to the opinions shared here David Hicks is awesome.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car