lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2023, 09:56 AM   #1
DooDad
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT Gas ME29 Transaxle Rebuild

So I am replacing the Transaxle Input Shaft Bearing on my 2001.5 EZGO TXT Gas with the ME29 Transmission. I found the PDF 26770-G01 Manual and it is fairly detailed but my Counter Shaft for the Idler Gear is different. The manual shows 3 slotted spacers and mine only has one. It looks as if the spacers were designed to let oil get into the 2 end seats of the crankcase as where my seats are slotted to allow oil to get in. The problem I have is understanding where the single spacer should go. Attached a pic of the Manual's Shaft and my shaft.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Counter Shaft.jpg (42.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Manual Counter Shaft.JPG (14.3 KB, 0 views)
DooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2023, 09:02 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO TXT Gas ME29 Transaxle Rebuild

Can you post a pic of the "slotted spacer" please? Might help if you post a pic of all the parts you have in comparison to the drawing.

Im assuming you didn't take note of how yours came apart? I'm wondering if you're just missing parts?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 09:42 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It was right around then that they changed it from a dual cable shifter to a single cable. I don’t know what (if anything) changed inside the unit. Maybe trig or CM knows? Are you sure you’re using the right manual in case something was different in old vs new?
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 10:27 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Yes, the control cable changed from double to single cable, and the neutral lock was moved from the axle to the shifter lever, but I honestly don't recall any changes inside the transmission case. Mind you, it has been probably 20 years or more since I have overhauled one. I guess we need to check that you have the correct manual as CP says, before we can confirm anything.
If I had to put money on it and rely on memory (dangerous at the best of times) I would say there was three. One each side of the idler gear and one on the top between the shaft and casing. As shown in your image and that's likely the same and only manual I have for these transmissions. I don't think I have seen a shaft like yours in the photo!
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 10:52 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Pic of the tag on the transaxle
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo txt, me29 transaxle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO