lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2023, 03:53 PM   #1
Welsh619
Not Yet Wild

Default Drive2 AC Voltage reading help wanted, PLEASE.

Hello. I’ll spare everyone the long story for now but can someone with a similar cart confirm that when reading from the black wire on the ignition to main bat neg that they don’t have 9.5v. Please and thank you.
Welsh619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2023, 05:52 PM   #2
Welsh619
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Drive2 AC Voltage reading help wanted, PLEASE.

And not to derail my own post but what is it about the Yamaha ignition circuit/switches that’s different from others so that you can’t wire a voltage reducer trigger to them? I’m trying to figure out if the 9.5v to the black wire (22.4 to red with white stripe) is normal or not. Thank you.
Old 01-30-2023, 10:14 PM   #3
Welsh619
Not Yet Wild

Feel like I’m talking to myself over here but that’s ok cause maybe someone will have the same problem as me and will find this helpful because I intend on keeping up the story ha. 2017 drive2 AC with 600amp Navitas just installed, drove up and down the street once, parked, and now won’t do nuthin. For some reason I have voltage at the black wire in the ignition (9.5) and only about 22 at the red with white stripe. No continuity to the main bat neg from ignition or f/r switch so I was told I have a break in the harness. Removed and opened up the harness and thought I scored when I found bare wire but nope it’s still all connected. Black wire from ignition, F/r, and throttle sensor (the one to the right of the pedal) all got to the same bundle which splits up and goes to the two sensors on the motor which I’m currently trying to figure out what those exactly are ha and why the heck they don’t go to bat neg ground. There’s continuity from the bare neg to ground in the inboard side sensor but nothin to the two wire plug that goes to the motor near where the bat cables connect (grey and white wire from controller). Oh yeah so the Navitas app won’t read the key or f/r switch unless I jump straight from the main bat neg to either switch which is how I got into all this. Any way to tell if it’s one of those sensors that’s dead and not a wiring issue? Or the motor? Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year.
Old 01-31-2023, 01:06 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I am sorry that i cannot help you as I do not know these carts, but this will give you a free bump up to the top of the list so people may notice your thread!
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 09:02 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sorry - I am a Yamaha guy but not on the AC carts. My newest is a 2012 Drive. Have you reached out to Navitas?
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 12:55 PM   #6
Welsh619
Not Yet Wild

Yup they’ve been very responsive and helpful. Problem I’m at right now is their factory wiring diagram doesn’t seem to match the wiring in my cart (as far as the grounds go) which I don’t want to admit cause everyone is just going to say that the wiring has been messed with but there’s no way and certainly not since it worked just fine for two years prior to the new controller (and for 10 minutes with it ha). Thanks guys, I appreciate the input, I’ll get there eventually. Buggies unlimited tech was very helpful this morning but we ran out of time to figure anything out before I had to be at work
Old 01-31-2023, 12:56 PM   #7
Welsh619
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know what an “A” with a circle around it on a diagram means?
Old 01-31-2023, 01:31 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Picture please.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 03:09 PM   #9
Welsh619
Not Yet Wild

Sorry…wiring diagram
Old 01-31-2023, 06:33 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Usually that’s an indicator that shows the point joins to somewhere on another page or another diagram. But it varies a lot depending on who made the diagram. Footnotes may or may not apply, and if it has any they should be at the bottom right of the diagram.

Dunno enough about yamahams but it has a Tow/Run switch doesn’t it? What power do you have there?

Also, are you checking voltage with the black meter probe on Pack main negative?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha