lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #31
smooth72
Getting Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Tax Credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuperheat View Post
If you are correct in your asumption then why would this be limited to just the carts that meet a tax credit? If I had a chance to buy a e-z go or a tomberlin at the same cost I would take the tomberlin, it is streetlegal, has headlights tail lights, goes faster, has 4 wheel hydraulic brakes, has a onboard charger, speedometer, if I take it to a campsite that does not allow golf carts it is allowed because it is a lsv licensed and insured and they can't tell me I can not have it unless they ban all vehicles. I could go on but my point is if it does devalue the tomberlin then it devalues all carts! not just those with tax credits.
I totally agree. Why would you by a cart that does not meet the tax credit, and does not have the advantaged of driving it on the road. LSV have more capability and total cost less, just make sense. Just because a cart cost more now does not mean it will have more used value latter. Used market is driven by demand not original cost, that has been proven by years of cars sales.
smooth72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #32
asuperheat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
asuperheat - My point was "used" car value only, NOT a vehicle manufacturer debate.:
As was my point, if I had a choice to buy a "used" 2008 cart both a tomberlin and a ez-go or any other manufactuer lets say for $2k, I would purchase the tomberlin. So to be clear if the rebate devalues the tomberlin as you say then as a byproduct it devalues "ALL USED" carts. There is no manufactuer debate nor was I trying to start one. It to me as a consumer is about what the streetlegal cart offers me over the standard cart. I would and asume most would pay more for the LSV new or used. That was what my prior post was about, but I have read a few post that read like you only think it affects the one with the credit (Tomberlin) and I think you are wrong in that asumption however that is only my opinion. I was not defending Tomberlin altough you seem to have taken it that way. Just sayin that the tax credit has mostlikely destroyed all used cart values, that is useualy what happens when goverment gets involved but that is a whole nother topic.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #33
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

I have one quesions regarding rebates, if that is the case about losing value I think the Auto industry is in big trouble....................
Mr Dills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #34
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dills View Post
I have one quesions regarding rebates, if that is the case about losing value I think the Auto industry is in big trouble....................
I would think that was abundantly clear
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #35
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dills View Post
I agree, the car industry is in big trouble on the domesticside. The import car industry esp high line (BMW and BENZ) will do ok. They prodcue an awesome car and wont ask for any bail out money. They know how to run a corp by not producing 10 cars under 10 names. I worked for BMW for 8 years and am a master tech. I am trying to get on with a BMW dealer as I type this.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #36
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A buddy of mine in the business said the E-Z-GO 2Five street legal LSV is out. Has anybody seen it or have any details or specs on it?
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #37
FJCRUZR
E-Z-FUN

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDOG View Post
A buddy of mine in the business said the E-Z-GO 2Five street legal LSV is out. Has anybody seen it or have any details or specs on it?
Mike, I belive this one's for ya!
FJCRUZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #38
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDOG View Post
It is not "out" for sale. The demo units are out. I drove one today and have pictures! We're waiting on a new braking system to be released. Only select dealerships will be allowed to sell them. They are AWESOME! Release date is the first quarter of 2010.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #39
FJCRUZR
E-Z-FUN

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
It is not "out" for sale. The demo units are out. I drove one today and have pictures! We're waiting on a new braking system to be released. Only select dealerships will be allowed to sell them. They are AWESOME! Release date is the first quarter of 2010.
No pictures

Any idea on pricing?

Thanks
FJCRUZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #40
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Pictures? "Yes". Ideas on pricing, availability, release date and every other question that people will ask? "I don't know". This is the main reason that I have not posted any pictures. I have to get with Roady and figure how to start the thread with pictures, then close it right away before too many questions get asked. I can tell you this - It is the fastest stock electric cart that I have ever driven... Oh - looks killer, too

I did post a quick picture on my facebook page. I will also post one on our mikesmotortoys page on facebook - become a "fan" and get some early spy photos!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin