lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #11
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: Tomberlin Emerge Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookwheel View Post
Here's a link to one from a site I was just looking at.

http://electrickmotorsports.com/cart/Tomberlin/35.php
Yea, the one offered is made by UPW. you might check with Electrick Motorsports, but I don't think they can get them anymore. Hopefully they do, but I don't think so. There is a guy in my neighborhood that has a lifted E2 and he said the modifications to be made were unreal. It definitely was not a bolt on application. His came from UPW. He says they won't make anymore. Just passing on 2nd hand (or 3rd hand) knowledge.

I posted the same pics and link in a different thread a few months back.
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by natvtxn27 View Post
Yea, the one offered is made by UPW. you might check with Electrick Motorsports, but I don't think they can get them anymore. Hopefully they do, but I don't think so. There is a guy in my neighborhood that has a lifted E2 and he said the modifications to be made were unreal. It definitely was not a bolt on application. His came from UPW. He says they won't make anymore. Just passing on 2nd hand (or 3rd hand) knowledge.

I posted the same pics and link in a different thread a few months back.
In fact, speaking of, here is the cart for sale in Orange County CA
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rvs/1570046129.html

This is a 2008 Lifted Tomberlin E-Merge, it has never been registered and was used for mocking up the suspension lift. We were commissioned to build a custom suspension for the Tomberlin golf cars and used this cart to design it and test it. The cart has never been registered, I still have the MSO, it is in great condition and has low miles. We are no longer building suspensions for these cars and are forced to sell this cart. I paid $7200.00 for the car brand new, the lift kit is custom with walker evans coil overs all around and black powdercoated parts. The wheels are 12" aluminum rockstars and have been mounted to 23" All Trails. The cart is painted in a beautiful red and has custom black and red interior to match, the cart is also equipped with a rear facing seat kit and matching interior. This is a great cart and runs perfectly with this lift, please check out www.tomberlin.net for more info on the car. Please feel free to call me 714-xxxx-xxxx with any questions, I am asking $7500.00 obo.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #13
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Emerge E-2

has anyone found any information on getting some more speed out of the E2 carts?
Mr Dills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #14
smooth72
Getting Wild

Steering wheel, wheels, chrome for bumper, grill, ring around tail lights and side vents

Future stereo (all Marine grade) install, when honey dos are done.

smooth72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #15
portland
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

looking good smooth

if possible, please take pics during the install of your stereo...would be helpful for future owners.
portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #16
smooth72
Getting Wild

It will be awhile before I get to it , but I will take some pics. I think I will record my corvette exhaust and then crank it up on the carts stereo and see people's looks. ha, ha.
smooth72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #17
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Has anyone else found out about a lift kit? I saw another guy driving a lifted Tomberlin e2 yesterday but didn't get to talk to him. It could very well be the same cart, only someone else driving it.

I wonder if any of the BGW site sponsors have looked at the Tomberlin and think a lift kit is worth doing?
Old 02-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #18
portland
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tomberlin Emerge E-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dills View Post
has anyone found any information on getting some more speed out of the E2 carts?
I would love to find out more about this also...

25mph is just not cutting it anymore
portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #19
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I think the Tomberlins come with a 500 amp GE controller. They are programmable and for that you would need the hand held programmer or someone with access to one and a willingness to go beyond the 25mph legal speed settings for these carts. It would need to be a private person as no one in the cart business would do this for liability reasons. If you want one yourself they are about $550.00.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #20
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

Where can I buy a programmer? If I can find out where I may buy one and rent it out to recoup the costs.
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin