lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
gmave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 48 cc power problem

i have a 96 cc 48 volt royal ride that i inherited for the second time. found the inline fuse on the yellow ground wire from the solenoid no good and replaced. the solenoid also had a crack, so i replaced with a hd 48 volt unit. i replaced the diode and the resistor at the same time. Charged, load tested, and ran battery pack. all good for the fourth of july thank goodness. now it runs intermitent. i get 51.2 volts from ground to the white/black stripe wire on the solenoid when i engage key and push accelerator. and at times hear the solenoid click. i was told that if i put a jumper wire from the ground to the yellow side of the solenoid, and it works that it is the obc. which i have already reset. any other suggestions???
gmave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48 cc power problem

Look in stickies for the reset procedure.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
gmave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool Re: 48 cc power problem

Done the reset stickies way, and per the manufactures way. im gonna try the jumper wire. hold my beer.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmave View Post
Done the reset stickies way, and per the manufactures way. im gonna try the jumper wire. hold my beer.
LOL, put the beer on the workbench..... I have my own beer in one hand and this fire extinguisher in the other
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
gmave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

THAT IS FUNNY!! Scottyb, i think u helped me several times my first goaround with this project. I will try this jumper wire this afternoon and let u know.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

run your jumper fromthe small post on solenoid with the yellow wire to the neg. terminal of #6 battery rear drivers side if cart runs replace OBC....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
gmave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok....so with jumper from small post, yellow side of solenoid to the ground of batt pack the cart runs! have tried to reset obc multiple times. new obc in my near future. any suggestions on well priced units?

thanks for the help guys!
gmave.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

does it automatically activate the solenoid when you use the jumper wire? If not, leave the OBC alone and just install the jumper wire on a permanent basis.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #9
gmave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

it does not activate the solenoid with the jumper wire unless i put in gear and depress pedal. forward and reverse work as they should. if i use with the jumper wire and dont replace the obc, will that affect other aspects of the cart that the obc controls such as charging. i dont want to burn up the unit, but im tired of the obc.

gmave
Old 07-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Shoot a PM to TahoeDog on this as he has far more experience than I do, but I can say I have done this modification on MANY Club Car's and never seen a negative result from doing it......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car