lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default 295 head on 350CC ?

I am posting this for a friend of mine who has a new 295 head and wants to put it on a fresh 350 block. I think I have heard of someone doing this to gain compression and HP? Is this a good idea? Doable? Disaster? Or no gain?
Thanks for any help
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Default Re: 295 head on 350CC ?

Does your friend go by the name BHfear?

If so, I sent him a message about it

Bob
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bob O, You know him well, however. I wonder if you can post your answer for the benefit of the rest of us.....
Old 04-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Bob O, You know him well, however. I wonder if you can post your answer for the benefit of the rest of us.....
Hi Scotty

Here is the cliff note's version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-0
You sure can . The 295 head is a direct bolt on. You gain about 9hp in doing so, and that brings the total up to 18hp.

Cons, you have to run premium or higher grade of fuel (higher=avgas). The spark plugs foul more often if you drive short distances.... it has to be blown out

Pros, a huge seat-of-your-pants difference. The overall power increase is exceptional for the cost. Add to the conversion your long duration cam, and your car will act like a golf car with a big block conversion.

Anyway... I always get excited about the 295/350 engine mod

Bob
Old 04-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

WOW!
BH, your gonna need a helmet. And maybe some clean shorts...LOL
Old 04-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

The only down side to this mod is the fact that the cart won't be any faster (because of the rev limiter) on top end unless you change the gearing in the rear.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:49 AM   #7
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok I've got 2 questions what is involved in bypassing the rev limiter? and second does anyone have a good source for value 295 heads?
mthrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthrall View Post
Ok I've got 2 questions what is involved in bypassing the rev limiter? and second does anyone have a good source for value 295 heads?
The only way I can see to do this is to make a new ignition system for it from like a older car. Maybe a 78 chevy hei set up can be made to work, I know those will work with older 2 stroke carts. the problem with using them on the 4 stroke carts is how they do the inductive pickup/pulsar coil. It should be pretty simple to make work right, the problem is that (on the 4 strokes) the trigger is when the magnetic field is broken -vs- being created. In other words, on the fan hub there is a slot cut into the side which passes by the pulsar coil, so when the magnetic field is broken, it triggers the igniter to fire the coil. On the chevy hei system the trigger is when a magnet passes in front of the inductive pickup creating the magnetic pulse. The only problem I see in doing this is how/where to mount the inductive pickup and a magnet so it will be in time. the gm hei ignition has no rev limit.
And for y'all that are now saying that if you break a magnetic connections then you are obviously creating a new connection right afterwards, well your right, but maintaining the magnetic connection throws the hei system into chaos and it starts firing the coil randomly
295 head, hmmmmm, try
Motors and More in Augusta GA.
ph# 888-846-0055 or email
motorsandmore@msn.com
maybe they have some they'll part with.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #9
ruredy
Born Wild

I was just going back through some old info on these ezgo engines and was reminded of a guy that claimed to be selling MSD ignitions for the engines, it could be worth asking MSD about if your wanting away around the rev limiter.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #10
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
I was just going back through some old info on these ezgo engines and was reminded of a guy that claimed to be selling MSD ignitions for the engines, it could be worth asking MSD about if your wanting away around the rev limiter.
The coil fires both sides at the same time... if the aftermarket coil is set up to fire like a mag or distributor would.... wouldn't it cause a problem of one side not firing?

Bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO