lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2011, 04:51 AM   #31
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Briggs 8hp engine in G16

Yeah I understand. I will be home around 3pm, I will get some shots of the cart without the motor and some closeups of the motor itself. Also, pics of the briggs thats going in it. I should have the motor in and it driving by sunday... maybe even saturday, just depends on how much work I can get done the rest of the week!
stevensj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #32
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Bad news guys, its been raining all day and is supposed to continue raining... I guess I can't really get much done on the cart then, but oh well, always tomorrow! I am having a friend or two over this weekend to help with the cart.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #33
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

An 8hp will drag the cart around, I bet that is all my tired G9 has when it is hot on a hot day. The cheapest way to buy something, is get a 13hp clone from harbor freight/carolstream/maxtool/etc and with the CPP clutch adapter that is around 350 or little more plus whatever you do with the airbox and exhaust. The 16hp (a stroked 13hp) has more torque, but the 13 is not far behind and more power than a stock cart. The 11hp is near the same price as a 13 anyway.

The mount I used for the clone was welded up from only two bars and a tube, oops that little piece of scrap angle there too. It is welded to the original mounts on angles because that makes the factory rubber mounts be like they are supposed to be. One side of the original engine was higher than the other. One could bolt this together I suppose, but the welding only took me a few minutes. I can un-weld it if I ever really have to.

sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #34
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
An 8hp will drag the cart around, I bet that is all my tired G9 has when it is hot on a hot day. The cheapest way to buy something, is get a 13hp clone from harbor freight/carolstream/maxtool/etc and with the CPP clutch adapter that is around 350 or little more plus whatever you do with the airbox and exhaust. The 16hp (a stroked 13hp) has more torque, but the 13 is not far behind and more power than a stock cart. The 11hp is near the same price as a 13 anyway.

The mount I used for the clone was welded up from only two bars and a tube, oops that little piece of scrap angle there too. It is welded to the original mounts on angles because that makes the factory rubber mounts be like they are supposed to be. One side of the original engine was higher than the other. One could bolt this together I suppose, but the welding only took me a few minutes. I can un-weld it if I ever really have to.

Nice set up. I am not really in it for the power, and I have a total budget of $60 to get this thing up and running. The motor I already have and was practically free so even if it doesnt fly and do wheelies, just something to get me around is perfect. I would mess with the stock engine a little more but I don't feel a need to, its locked tight. Do you happen to know if a stock Yamaha G1 engine would fit my cart?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #35
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

New pics!! and btw, those wood blocks in the engine bay are NOT the frame, just there for holding the engine up for measurements and design work!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0124.jpg (69.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0125.jpg (70.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0126.jpg (55.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0127.jpg (50.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0128.jpg (58.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #36
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Read This http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...gine-swap.html

U are going to have transmission issues even if U MAKE it fit
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #37
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I imagine a G1 engine could be made to fit, I doubt the mounts are the same. The problem is the huge muffler that would not fit to easily, if you came up with another pipe you would be ok. You can put any engine that will fit into a 4 stroke cart, if you put a 4 stroke into a G1 cart you will have no reverse unless you replace the trans.

8hp will work just not be very quick. IIRC the par car or something used 9hp B&S factory I saw them before.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #38
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay, briggs it is then. Hoping to get most of the mounting plate done tonight... will have pics tomorrow of the progress
Old 03-31-2011, 08:26 AM   #39
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quick update, got the hardware and everything for the mounting plate, at school now but my dad is making measurements for me to save time. I have done everything else including the design. When I get home I am gonna get to work on building the mounting plate and will get pics with the engine mounted and get a video of a test run of the engine with the cart on a floor jack
Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #40
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensj13 View Post
Quick update, got the hardware and everything for the mounting plate, at school now but my dad is making measurements for me to save time. I have done everything else including the design. When I get home I am gonna get to work on building the mounting plate and will get pics with the engine mounted and get a video of a test run of the engine with the cart on a floor jack
be careful , make sure the front tires are scotched
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha