lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
superman111
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 EzGo Spark Problem, please help

I recently got a 1999 EZGo Golf cart serial number G199 . It has been sitting for a while. It was missing the dual coil pack when i got it. I bought one and put it on. I ws told that it was in a shp for 8 months and the guy never got around too it. Then the shop was shut down. I assume that they thought that the problem was the coil pack and pulled it off. However it was not. Now that I replace the coil pack, I get spark on both spark plugs two times then thats it. I can let go of the acclerator and push it again and get them to spark two more times. I have a white wire tht isnt hooked to anything, Its not the one to the pulsar coil, as both of them are hooked up. this one is sitting more to the front of the machine. It goes to some kind of sensor. There is only one wire coming off of the sensor. I don't know where it goes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
The only other thing I cant figure out is the drive belt. The one i found on the internet calling for a 43 inch belt i believe. I went to a local shop and they sold me that same belt i also believe. But this belt is way too big, any ideas on what belt this is supposed to take. The engine is a 295 cc. Thanks.
superman111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
Mark442
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 EzGo Spark Problem, please help

As for the spark issue you could be looking at the microswitch at the pedal box or an ignitor, since you have ruled out the pulsar and coil.

The sensor you refer to sounds like the oil pressure sensor and is both un-needed for spark or driveability.

The drive belt (EZGO part# 72054G01) is 42".

Mark

Edit: One more thought would be a loose connection at the key switch or within it.

Last edited by Mark442; 04-06-2011 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: additional thought
Mark442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO